Add A Fast Freecam Feature So You Can Catch Up With Highspeed Trains!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ctsl railfan, Aug 16, 2022.

1. ctsl railfan

ctsl railfan Active Member

There NEEDS to be a new feature for TSW2 and/or TSW3 where you can speed the freecam up faster than a highspeed train. It's irritating that you can't even get a decent fly by of a highspeed train in a train simulator. Please add a way to go faster than the train in freecam, rather it be like Train Simulator Classic, where you go higher to go faster, a slider you can bring up which you can choose the speed, or a simple keybind. For now, I have a decent concept below that would be amazing to have!

No Keybind Pressed = Default speed.
    Shift = Default fast speed.
    Ctrl = Very slow speed. (Slower than current default)
    Ctrl + Shift = Selectable speed.
    CTRL + = Raise speed by 25mph
    CTRL - = Lower speed by 25mph,

Whatever speed is selected last will be saved throughout gameplay and before you adjust it again, even after closing the game, just like a player setting. You can also edit the speed through the settings menu. This is more suited for console users, as a keybind wouldn't be too practical on a controller. Obviously, none of the keybinds can be used unless you are in the freecam mode, except for the settings menu.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

What about on console? dtg won’t do this if u can’t do it on every platform

• Like Like x 1
  3. ctsl railfan

ctsl railfan Active Member

would be a setting in the menu. as for the keybind, it would probably have to be permanent, but i honestly don't know how the freecam works on console, so you'll have to let me know if you can.