Adding The Staples Subdivision Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tvpigy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. tvpigy

tvpigy New Member

The Staples subdivision is a long BNSF mainline from Dilworth Minnesota to Minneapolis Minnesota the route serves BNSF freight trains, the Amtrak Empire Builder, and the Northstar commuter rail, My suggestion for the BNSF freight is to use a BNSF ETA44C4. The Northstar commuter train goes from Target Field in Minneapolis to Big Lake. The whole route stretch is basically the entire width of Minnesota

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah. I love BNSF. I want this. The ET44C4 is needed. Might I suggest a BNSF GP60M (and maybe a GP60B), SD40-2, and/or a Genset for additional freight services. A P42DC Genesis and the Empire Builder plus a Northstar commuter train would be great, too.

3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Anything BNSF always has my vote. Great idea.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The only issue is due to license restrictions DTG will not make this, you would have to count on someone else making it. Then it could only be sold to those in the US and no where else.

5. treid09

treid09 Guest

I wonder though, if the community created a BNSF route that was posted on the workshop (messed up as it is now,) could everybody download and use that legally?

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Anything can put on the steam workshop, but only those who have the content needed will be able to advantage of the routes done.

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Good point.