Adding Tsw3 Features To Tsw2 Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akshay26, Sep 7, 2022.

1. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

When TSW3 got announced, I was so hyped, especially with the dynamic weather, volumetric skies and the new lighting, but why didn't they get added to TSW2 routes? When I saw a title saying preservation content on the bottom left of the TSW2 route in the TSW3 announcement video, it said this "Won't run on NEW features." I instantly became cross by this. Their excuse for not adding these new features on TSW2 routes was they had to rebuild the routes from scratch, which is unfair. I know DTG has their issues when creating a large 3d model like volumetric skies, but they have to listen to everyone's wishes and comments, to see if they want something more immersive.

That was just a bit of what I wanted to talk about with this suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Dynamic weather - you have this in the TSW2 routes up to and including lightning. What you don't have is the "overall lighting effects" tghat come with TSW3, so it may go from sunshine to rain and onto stormy, but the clouds won't start blocking out the sun and the flashing effects won't be as pronounced

Volumetric skies - I doubt DTG built the clouds. Likely this is a UE engine function or a tweak somewhere, but what TSW3 got from this is that when the clouds get thicker it gets darker etc, and the sun "goes behind the clouds" etc. It's this which won't be coming to the TSW2 routes

Lighting - It's not just a case of "turn the light up"... The surfaces, assets, shadows etc all have to be tweaked and "rebaked" to make it work, so it's almost like having to remake the route from the ground up, and given how they struggle to make new routes accurately, going back over old ones would cost them a lot, and not make them too much, ie a commercial negative

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Like the previous comment said, it's not viable. It's a route by route basis so each route has to manually be updated which is basically rebuilding it. They said lighting alone on all the compatible content will take 3 years, maybe more if there are issues and how slow releases are and how many people work on it. They have to focus on new releases and putting the resources there than to improve all the older content.

4. George C. Barnes

George C. Barnes Member

I hope that DTG could bring 3's feature on 1/2 routs, but it will need a "rebuild" level of update.

I don't have the confidence that a "money first" company like DTG will update those things (for free). Otherwise, TSW 3 should be a free update, not a new game purchase.

5. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

I know that Dovetail does what they want as well as listening to us, but DTG wants to be really useful.