Bassmaster 2022 Additional Feedback On Some Early Game Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by Buschyfor3, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Buschyfor3

Buschyfor3 Member

Afternoon gentlemen!

I posted a thread yesterday with some initial quirks that I saw, and after spending a few more hours in the game looking for the same issues on other lakes in similar conditions, I wanted to note the following things to try to assist the developers in pinpointing and working out early game bugs. Admittedly, these are all still relatively minor and not impacting my enjoyment or the ability to load/launch the game. I've tried to be as detailed as possible and provide descriptions. If I can, I may try to snap some screen captures from my Xbox One and add them into the thread to show exactly what I'm looking at:

1) Time of Day & Time Scaling Issue:
    Correct starting time does not display on in-game HUD map/fishfinder.

EXAMPLE: I choose 7:00am on the starting time menu prior to launching my boat and 3hrs for time scaling – once I launch into the game, the time on the HUD displayed at the start is 00:00 (effectively midnight in 24hr time) even though it is clearly sunrise/morning on the screen. The clock display then advances based upon the time scale chosen, but the time shown on the clock does not sync up with the in-game visuals for the time of day.

1a) Related issue (and I'm not sure this is a bug or if it was by design but I thought I'd point it out) is with the stats page that appears when you end your session. At the top of the screen it shows your catch summary in a horizontal timeline format, putting a flag at each time on the timeline when a particular fish was caught during your session. While the timeline shows your fishing trip beginning with the starting time that you chose in the menu, and displays when the fish was caught relative to the chosen starting time (i.e. using 7:00am as the start time), the confusion arises because the display uses my real-time spent fishing instead of in-game elapsed time. If I use anything other than the 24hr time scale option, this creates an issue - I can't look back at the end of session stats to see the exact in-game time I caught my fish because the timeline is based on the actual time I spent and not the scaled time.

EXAMPLE: I choose 7:00am on the starting time menu prior to launching my boat (using 3hr time scaling). I fish for 45 minutes in real time, so the graph starts at 6:59:59 and ends at 7:44:59. My reference point on this timeline for when I caught the fish is based purely on the amount of real-world time that passed, not in-game time that passed. I catch my first fish 12 minutes in to my 45-minute gameplay session. Looking at the timeline at the end of my session, it displays the first flag icon showing I caught the fish at 12 minutes in real time, but I cannot tell what the in-game time was when I caught that fish... was it late morning? Afternoon? This timeline does not provide as much useful information as it could because it doesn't reference the in-game time scaling that takes place.

2) Certain game stats / Catch stats are not reporting correctly:
    If you view the game stat via the “Lay of the Lake” page prior to launching your boat, some of the stats are still incorrectly populating.

In particular, the number of “games” fished on the lake is incorrect for just about every lake, with some showing “-1” as a value (Hamilton, Guntersville for example). Other lakes (notably Chickamauga) are showing an increasing number of games played there even if the lake has never been fished on (I'm currently up to 4 at Chickamauga even though I've yet to fish there). Good news appears to be that each lake’s fish catch statistics are correctly showing the overall total number of fish caught on that lake, PBs etc.

2a) However, there are still issues where fish stats are not correctly displaying in other in-game screens under the “Angler Hub” - specifically when viewing the stats for each species of fish.

If you select a fish on the species screen and then look at the stats shown below the image of the fish – it shows the total number of fish you’ve caught under the “hook” icon (this seems correct so far based on the total fish I've caught in game matching up with the total displayed in this column). But it also shows the exact same number of fish under the “hook and crown” icon in a separate column. I inquired as to whether the "crown" indicates a personal best as it seems to on other in-game screens and menus (and in previous DTG fishing games). If the crown and hook does represent personal best catches here, obviously this is a bit of a glitch unless... every fish you catch is, sequentially, larger than your previous best (which has not been my experience through the hours of gameplay I've spent so far).

EXAMPLE: I’ve managed a dozen largemouth bass caught in the first couple of hours of gameplay, not every largemouth caught was a PB. However, the stats page is treating them as if it were because it is showing 12 under the hook & crown icon.

The good news is that it looks like the rest of the stats displayed under the Angler's Hub profile tab are properly reflecting the overall total number of fish caught. And on the Bassmaster Venues tab, when you use the d-pad to switch between individual lakes to decide where you want to fish, each lake's catch stats do seem to be correctly showing the overall total number of fish caught on that lake and your record catch for that lake.

3) Catch Summary Text/Glitch
    When viewing the “Catch Summary” from the in-game pause menu, if you use the d-pad to move up and down the list between each catch, the bottom portion of the text at the top of the summary (where the game lists the specific lure used to catch the highlighted fish) will glitch and overlap the listing of the next catch below in the list. Only seems to happen if you use multiple types of lures to catch fish – as you toggle through the fish and the lure used changes, that is when the glitched text overlap appears.

4) Mastery challenges not properly updating
    After 4-5 hours of play, and catching well more than the required number of fish to unlock Tier 1 Mastery challenges on Lake Hamilton, they remain frozen. This was all done after doing the Tutorial – fish caught during tutorial will count towards progress, but fish caught during subsequent fishing trips are not counting towards mastery progress. I did confirm that I was logged in to my Dovetail Live account (green DTG icon was visible on my player profile in the upper right corner of main menu screen prior to selecting “Bassmaster Venues” to start fishing trip).

2. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hi, thanks for all your feedback. A lot of the issues you have mentioned here we are now aware of and the team are also aware.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gixxer

gixxer Member

As a programmer myself, I say excellent bug reports.

Probably related to the time issue, I caught several fish every 15 minutes on the St. Johns trying to accomplish the tier 1 challenge to catch 6 fish at sunset. WHEN is sunset supposed to be? A specific time (frame)? I fished from 5 to about 8:15 and then all of a sudden the time jumped to 00:10.

• Like Like x 1