PlayStation Additional Tracks?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by robparkes777, Jan 13, 2019.

1. robparkes777

robparkes777 New Member

Hello there
    I just wanted to say that I recently acquired this game as a Christmas present, and I am addicted to it! Of course, there is always room for improvement in ANY game or in fact in anything else for that matter, but I have to say, the whole concept of driving trains is very appealing to me personally as I'm sure it is to many others. But I think that the game could be improved immensely if more lines were included within the game. For example, when selecting a service like London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads, you can only drive a train as far as Reading, and then have to depart from driving any further. As a matter of fact, this is also the case when you select any of the other long routes like for instance-London Paddington to Penzance, Or Paddington to Hereford or Great Malvern. It would be simply fantastic if all of the routes that i've mentioned were in their entirety, rather than significantly reduced versions! For me, personally, I would much prefer longer tracks on already existing routes, rather than the inclusion of more engines or trains.
    Therefore, I have to ask the question; are Dovetail planning to release significantly more tracks in the future? I'm sure that this game would be taken to new heights if this were the case!
    Yours hopefully,
    R.S Parkes

2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

For the time being I suspect that Dovetail are intending to increase the number of different routes rather than extending existing routes. Once the PC editor is finally released then it's possible that some third party companies may start building longer routes however those routes are unlikely to appear much before the end of year at the earliest.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

100% agree-

I would like to be able to maybe set my own course- Especially with the hauling missions in New York which should be my favorite missions but sadly consisted more of hooking something up and moving it a short distance and rinse /repeat. I would love to be able to take a load of freight across the map and pick something up to return it.

To me, the best missions are the longest- I would love to be able to run custom routes to accomplish what I want or have routes added with more variety.

4. robparkes777

robparkes777 New Member

Thanks for your feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Well, no matter whether or not they will make longer tracks, I'll continue to play the game, as it's a really enjoyable experience. Especially given how each train behaves completely differently. I agree with you though Spellbound- I also prefer the longest missions.