Additional Ui Features (console/controller Focused)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Northlander, May 30, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

This won't bother PC players, but from a minimal (I'm only guessing here) amount work, I've thought about a quick little touches that could improve certain aspects of using the controller on console to give us a bit more "quick" interaction with features already in the game (even unofficial on console as you need a keyboard)

The ability to move between the different 'zoomed in' internal camera views. Officially we have to select them from the radial menu off the DPad macro, on keyboard we can cycle through with the arrow keys...I propose why not add hot-zones for when we use the cursor mode (for pressing buttons or moving handles) For example in the German locos, the 3 MFD's, we could instantly zoom to them by just moving the cursor to the centre of each screen and clicking the button we'd normally use, do what we want on that view, then click the common button we use to exit screens to leave the zoomed in view to return to the normal in-cab view we were in? If possible, I could see this adding a more intuitive flow around the cab, especially as the PC only mouse wheel zoom doesn't exist on console. Since all the fixed zoomed in views already exist, I think this would add more speed than having to open the macro menus to choose a view or cycling through views you don't want on keyboard. If this works, all internal fixed views could have a dedicated area that once click from the cursor, would take you to that view.

Just a thought though :)

2. Northlander

Northlander Guest

...additionally, granted probably will never happen as this is a PS4 only feature (but FDev has it in Elite Dangerous for the PS4 version, so I figured I'd ask anyway) The use of the DualShock 4's motion axis for "headlook" rather than using the right stick - for players not familiar with how this works in Elite Dangerous on PS4, you click the right stick (R3 button) and the game unlocks the view allowing you to freely look around the cockpit of your ship simply by tilting the controller in the desired direction. A feature that would work just as nice in TSW. Another feature is the touch pad, in normal use it acts like a simple button, but because it can also detect where your finger is on it's surface when you press the touch pad in, Elite Dangerous sees it as an extra 4 buttons...even though you are clicking the touch pad as a 'single' button, because you've pressed it from a specific area, the 4 corners, the game knows this so you effectively gain 4 additional buttons, this also could be used in TSW.

Maybe it might not be a design strategy for DTG to have specific controls between consoles, again, just a thought