Adjustments To Forum Organisation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Having spent a couple of weeks with the forums it seems evident that some reorganisation would be helpful.

The new layout will be:
    • Announcements
    • PC discussion
    • PlayStation discussion
    • Xbox discussion
    • Creation centre
    • Technical reports
    • Suggestions
    • Off topic
    Announcements will cover all news across every platform, tagging the thread where necessary or clearly labeling platform specific items when they come up.

Creation centre will cover modding, video promotion, screenshot sharing and discussion of the upcoming creative tools in Train Sim World 2.

Technical reports covers everything of a technical nature, whether you're having trouble getting something to work or have encountered an issue in the game.

Suggestions merge the three suggestion forums into one (it was a little excessive).

Hopefully after a brief shakedown period this will make the forums slightly easier to navigate. I'm undecided about merging the general discussion boards, so will leave them as they are for now.

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Good ideas.

Could I suggest instead of separate Xbox and PlayStation sections perhaps a single console section might be appropriate. Many of the questions and themes are often the same. In fact they bleed into the PC section too, but I can see why you may want to keep that separate.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Protagonist

The three platforms have nuances that differ (also, we really don't want to encourage platform friction) and while the general discussion boards tend to be on a broader basis I'll leave the all separate for now and review the conversations over the coming weeks. If there is any merging to be done, it will be all general discussion areas into one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sounds good.

5. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Announcements covering every platform is fair enough, but I'm guessing that will be for staff announcement only.

A single general discussion area would be more beneficial as most of the discussions are about TSW in general and relevant to all rather than specific platform discussions. That way no one gets left out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Will Screenshot contest be also moved to the top list?

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

VERY GOOD

9. DTG Protagonist

Initial reorganisation is done. In the technical forum you will be required to enter a prefix before posting, this will help segment different platforms. If the system works well I'll likely use the same approach on discussion and merge the three forums. Discussion is better when there is a broader range of voices involved.

Next step, purge the dead sticky posts that make the place look like nobody has cared since 2017. Also, a new and fresh set of rules are inbound. Brace yourselves, fans of passive aggression, circular arguments and non-English posting, change is coming.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  10. DTG Protagonist

Also nerfed the ability for anyone to reply in announcements - these are fine to be discussed, but all too often they go heavily off topic, so are better suited to the discussion forum. Announcements should be plain and clear to understand.

• Like Like x 12