(adverse Signals On) The Breckland Line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 2, 2022.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I’ve been enjoying the Breckland Line from GU Studios - like the Fen Line, a fantastic little freeware route with incredible scenery, which was recommended on the freeware thread.

One particularly pleasing feature that I notice on initial QDs (and that I’ve never noticed in any other route’s QDs) is that a couple of times I encountered adverse signalling, drawing up to danger signals that cleared on approach.

This makes a QD route much more engaging that the normal option, where you sail from A to B with every signal at green.

I don’t know if this is by accident or design in the Breckland, but it would be nice to see it implemented on other routes too, at least as an option.

How has this been implemented on the Breckland, and is it something that can be done on other QDs easily enough, without having to create a custom scenario? A QD option for adverse signalling would be a nice improvement to the game.

20220103125240_1.jpg 20220103125257_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The reason it happens is you are following another service which is making stops in front of you

There is a chap Kim Olesen who has created a number of Real Drives for European routes that work like a Quick Drive but the run is randomised and on one trip you might get clear signals at a location and on the next run get checked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It may be short, but it's one of my favourite routes. So well made.... so many custom assets.

4. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I had a look on the map, but there are no other trains (indeed I’ve never seen another train on the route). Buts it’s obviously programmed as though there are. I thought it might be a random change, but it seems to occur at the same signals, a couple of reds along the whole route.

As I say, it’s the first time I’ve ever encountered non green signals in QD, where you normally sail straight through without hindrance.