Advice Needed Please..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PianoPilot, Jul 10, 2019.

1. PianoPilot

PianoPilot New Member

Hi All

I have recently bought a fair bit of DLC during the steam sales and getting really into this train sim.

Question: I have the DTG Manchester - Liverpool route which runs the DTG 158. I have also purchased the AP 158 Cummins addon which runs amazing in quick drive on any route. Is there a way, and what is the easiest way, I can edit the Career scenarios of this route to run the AP 158 on them instead of having to drive the DTG one which is far less detailed?

I realise there is 3 scenarios thaat come with the AP enhancement pack but I dont have hardly any of the required packs needed to run those scenarios. Would the AP scenarios run within the Standard section within train sim without all the require add on packs? I know this is not the intention and would look very sparse but until I keep adding to th collection, what is the best way to run the AP158 on the Manchester Liverpool line?

Sorry if my question comes across convoluted or has been answered many times before, I have tried searching but no clear answer to this

Thanks

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes and no.
    You cannot change a Career Scenario as it might break it.
    Start the game and go in to Build - find the Liverpool to Manchester route and Clone the Scenario - you will then be able to edit that version.
    Have a watch of this video
    When you run a scenario and you do not have all the requirements for the AI and static trains it stops with a warning.
    Push the F2 key and then select Cancel and the Scenario will run providing you have the Player Train.

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can also use a too called RW_tools which can swap out any item in a consist for any other item in your collection. A bit more difficult to get into but rewarding when you get it working in that it can swap out every copy of said item in all scenarios on a route rather then you having to do them one by one in the editor

4. PianoPilot

PianoPilot New Member

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. Ill have a play about

5. PianoPilot

PianoPilot New Member

Can someone just clarify, I have subscribed to a few scenarios on the steam workshop, and fall short of a few of the required stock, with the intention of using the above mentioned RW tools to subsitute these with stock i do own. I start the sim and can see the said scenarios on the workshop tab and unable to run them because of missing items. (Or I could start them and skip using F2 as mentioned).

However, the question, why do these scenarios not show in RW tools for me to edit? They are not there so am stuck on not being able to edit the stock.

Hopefully something simple!

Thanks in advance!

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

not sure how they're packed and unpacked when they're workshop... My initial thoughts would be to see if they show in the TS editor and if they do can you clone the scenario to a known folder which you can then direct RWTools to? I would have to have a fiddle to be sure

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Do you own the Route these Scenarios are for?
    Are they in a different Language to what your computer uses?

Sometime when I download a scenario in a different Language I cannot edit the trains in either the game or RW Tools as only the Player train appears

Peter

8. PianoPilot

PianoPilot New Member

Interesting observation Peter!

I do own the route these scenarios are for yes. I am learning more through trial and error. I am learning how to unpack AP file scenarios so RW tools will make them visable to edit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=594882287&insideModal=0

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You will still come across the problem where the normal language of the file is Not English so you cannot edit the AI trains in the scenario - only the player train.