Afb Not Working On Many German Routes!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by trainsimplayer2020, Oct 22, 2020.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

How hard can it be to make the AFB to work in the German locos?
    Got Arlbergbahn yesterday and the AFB is working there either even that you can move it to the correct speed.
    The loco just keep on speeding!

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on when the loco was made in game, by who and whether it's been updated since (debatable)

3. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...___Add-On_-_Loco_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1599829176

There is a link to the manual for the OBB 1016 which comes with that route and I would assume to be the train you're struggling with. Unlike most other DTG made trains this was made by third party RSSLO and has some different buttons than you may be used to. In addition to moving the AFB lever to the speed you want, there is also a button next to the lever to turn on and off the AFB system. You can also turn on and off the system by pressing Shift + A. Simply using the lever like on some other trains will not do anything until you actually turn on the AFB, much like setting cruise control in your car. I had the exact same issue as you my first time driving it. Unfortunately the manual does not make this clear at all but I was able to deduce it by the existence of a "cruise control" on/off button.

Were there other routes you were having issues with AFB on? Personally when AFB has been offered I've had it work every time, however there are some trains that SHOULD have AFB because they do in reality that were build without it in the sim for reasons unknown.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  4. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me.
    I know where to it is to switch on the AFB.
    But I never thought about that when playing Trainsimulator.
    Thought those who made dlc did not think about that.

Now Arlbergbahn works with AFB and also Tirol Brenner with the 1016-1116 loco but with the Vectron loco is not working or I just can't find the button where to switch on the AFB.
    I will also check on some other routes in the coming week.

5. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

The Vectron 1293 works. It's SHIFT + A again, just like the 1016.

It's a mixed bag with some trains as they're not all made by DTG. Some developers like RSSLO will often include more start up procedures in their trains, and even DTG does with SOME of their Pro line, but not all. I've gotten in the habit of, if the AFB doesn't immediately work, press Shift+A and that will often get it on. If not, then it's time for the manual.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you have a loco/unit with AFB it works on ANY route - the AFB system is not related to the Signalling or the route.

LZB is Route specific so if you have a loco/unit with LZB it works on any route that has LZB.

Peter