All Routes Should Have Non Driveable Services To Add More Traffic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lewisthomas22, Feb 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. lewisthomas22

lewisthomas22 Member

All Routes Should Have Non Driveable Services To Add More Traffic

An example of this is GWE. GWE did this very well as along the route at stations like Slough, Twyford and Maidenhead you can see trains waiting to go down the branch line, which isnt actually in TSW. Then after the correct amount of time has passed the train returns to the station in the map.

My suggestion is that all routes should have it. For example this is what Leeds looks like at 17:00 (start of rush hour). Hardly any trains on the map. upload_2020-2-22_14-20-8.png
    Now imagine Leeds but with trains coming in from the branch lines.
    upload_2020-2-22_14-55-14.png
    All of a sudden Leeds comes to life. Coming in and out of Leeds would feel more realistic. Currently in Train Sim World ,at rush hour, some stations are empty. This would make it more realistic. Instead of you being the only train leaving Leeds this upgrade would allow you to leave the station and travel parallel to another train and then at a junction you diverge to Manchester while the other train diverges off to Bradford, just like real life. The approach to Leeds would also be more interesting. At the moment, when entering Leeds you are normally given all green signals. After this upgrade you may be held outside Leeds while you wait for a train to head down to the Midland Main Line so a platform is available for you. This would make many more routes feel more realistic.
    Hope you take this into consideration :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The thing with GWE is that on consoles all of that was taken out as well as quite a lot of drivable services. I think this was to help performance. You could get all those extra services and non-drivable trains back by first doing a service in Journey mode then going back to the menu and into timetable mode. I haven't been able to do that recently as it always goes right back to the main menu and you have to select the route again so the 'cheat' doesn't work. So no extra services for me.

I think it is for the same reasons that newer routes don't have extra 'atmosphere' trains driving around, and the versions of the routes are the same on all platforms. Also, I'm not sure the dispatcher in the game could handle the realistic traffic volume of a busy station and be able to fit you in when you're running early or late, but framerate would definitely plummet with so many extra trains around, especially on lower spec PCs and on consoles.

3. lewisthomas22

lewisthomas22 Member

Agreed. This may really hurt the frame rate and cause a lot of lag. However,if there is optimisation in the future of both the core game and dispatcher then I would still love to see this update.

4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

One day, I went to wander around the Rapid Transit map looking for collectibles, and I wanted to use the AI trains to move between stations. But, there weren't any. I waited 10 minutes, and not one went by. So I had to walk between stations or exit to the main menu every time I wanted to move to the next station down the line. Since then, I have not wasted anytime looking for collectibles since it takes forever to walk between locations where collectibles are located, and there is no other transportation option other than walking on any route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1