Amongst Other Things...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ionic, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Ionic

Ionic New Member

This is my first visit to these forums, so forgive me if what I am asking has already been covered.

Since DTG announced their Diesel Hydraulic Pack I saw that they claimed there were 38 Warship diesels built, when in fact 71 locos were built. Also, and whilst the level crossing at the Eastern end of Exeter St. Davids station doesn't actually figure in any scenarios, why is it that the barriers operate in reverse?

Finally, Newton Abbot Racecourse isn't represented; strange that, and I know that it is purely scenic, but as the racecourse opened in 1865 perhaps for the sake of realism it should have some representation.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Why are you posting under two names and why are you advertising amazon?

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This relates specifically to the Class 42, although the term "warship" also applied to Classes 41 and 43, so I would imagine your numbers are a combined total of classes 41, 42 & 43 rather than the class 42. The 38 number correlates to what Wikipaedia states for that class, and the 71 is closer to the total for the three.

The pack in question includes classes 35, 42 & 52 so not only the Warship, but the Hymek and the Westerns too

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just done the maths... Your 71 figures only account for classes 42 & 43, both of which were classed as D800 although mechanically very different.
    The 41 were class D600 and all named after warships in the same way as almost all the D800s were, hence the nickname "warship"
    There were 5 D600s built so the total "warship count" would be 76