Amtrak Cascades

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by AmtrakEngine, Mar 28, 2018.

1. AmtrakEngine

AmtrakEngine New Member

Hi community,

I would like to see Amtrak Cascades on Train Simulator. The modern Amtrak Talgo Set with EMD F59PHI or Siemens Charger could come with the Cascades Line between Seattle King Street Station and Vancouver B.C.. In my opinion, this section is the most scenic part of the whole Amtrak Cascades Line between Eugene OR and Vancouver B.C.. And one interesting thing: You have to operate the train over the national boarder between USA and Canada near Blaine. There aren´t many DLC´s with a national boarder in Train Simulator until now.

This AddOn could also be useful as an extension for Stevens Pass, to work Amtrak Empire Builder or BNSF Freight Trains right into Seattle (Stevens Pass Route ends up at Everett/Delta Yard).

Regards
    AmtrakEngine

• Like Like x 1
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I agree with your proposal of an Amtrak Cascades route, but I disagree with making it as an extension of Stevens Pass. I think the 2 routes together would be a little too much for most people's computers to handle and it could cause a lot of crashes and other problems. I think a standalone Cascades route would be better, either on the section from Portland to Seattle or Seattle to Vancouver.

3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

In all honesty, it’s not the length of the routes that is the problem. It’s really the amount of assets placed in or along the route at certain points. But a stand-alone would do. As long as it can be merged.

4. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I would love to see this as well. Hopefully they don’t cheat us out of passenger views.

That’s the one thing about TSW that I feel is going to be a huge advantage. Is mandatory passenger views. Because it adds to the experience of being able to enjoy the scenery and not be subjected to having only just being in the cab view.

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Also being able to choose the seat you sit in. I hate it when they include a passenger view in a train and the only view available is from the aisle seat instead of the window seat. I don't want to look at the aisle, I want to look out the window at the scenery going past.

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I don’t think you’d ever see an extension to Stevens pass anyway. It’s third party, and the devs of it have showed little interest in going back to it. And, from what I heard a while ago, that even included them being unwilling to update the route to have a separate version for people outside of America. You’d think that being able to get more sales off of those not im American would motivate them to do something, but apparently not even that would do anything.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. AmtrakEngine

AmtrakEngine New Member

And there is a license problem with BNSF, too. Players outside USA aren´t able to use Stevens Pass or Marias Pass now.

8. AmtrakEngine

AmtrakEngine New Member

Yeah, that´s right. It takes a little bit more than 3 hours from Portland to Seattle and 4 hours from Seattle to Vancouver BC. Routes for Train Simulator getting shorter and shorter. A longer route, like this one, would be great. And yes, as an extension, it´s too much.