Amtrak High Speed Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ryan#3053, May 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ryan#3053

ryan#3053 New Member

To the dovetail team,

My suggestion for a route I would like to see is an Amtrak Acela route wether it be the old Bombardier set or the new Alstom set. Two ideas for routes is Washington D.C. to Philadelphia then the other route which is Philadelphia to New York and lastly New York to Providence.
    I am in school for audio production and easily could get sounds for the Amtrak trains with permission but also I believe this would be a budget and easy way to have a full NEC route since just adding these three portions would complete it since one was included for Rush Hour.
    Hopefully you will consider this as many Americans love the new Acela and the Acela in general. Seeing how Germany has basically almost the entire DB transit system in the game we would love to have a NEC to run up and down high speed in a real high speed train set.
    Thank you for your time in reading this and I look forward to playing more routes.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Boston-Providence already exists. DTG has stated that they already have sounds for the Acela when they went out to get audio recordings of the ACS64. DC-Philadelphia and NY-Boston are way too long to be possible to do. Would be much better off doing NY-Philadelphia or DC-Baltimore. Trust me when I say you do not want the Acela on a route like New York-New Haven or even farther to New London. You won’t even break 100mph

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

What about New Haven to Boston? or Providence to New Haven? That may be too long!

5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope to see providence to new Haven then they could add Connecticut shoreline east commuter rail service from new London to new Haven.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrazyDash

I don’t think it needs to go farther than New London tbh. If I ever wanted to see CT Rail, I’d want to see the Hartford line

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amtrak_Fan

Even then, if the Acela was added it doesn't always stop at new London, which can make for a weird kind of station stop I guess, idk. Seeing New Haven in tsw 2 would be cool though!

8. CrazyDash

Oh really? I didn’t know not all Acelas stopped at New London

9. Amtrak_Fan

I believe it's two of them per day. Here's a video if you wanna see one of them stop, and one of them proceed!