Amtrak Maple Leaf & Go Transit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amtrak145, Mar 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. amtrak145

amtrak145 Member

This would be a great addition to the Oakville Subdivision. Though this could be extended to Toronto so we can have an additional stop at least for Amtrak. But obviously like most other routes that you only see 2 AMTK services per day. The formation is one P42DC (because this is the one I only want to see in modern AMTK) and 5 amfleets. One cafe, one business class, and the rest is coach class. It would still be a nice addition so I can stop using the fake formation with an ACS-64. Now for GO Transit. I don't know if DTG can even get a license for TSW3, but it would bring a nice addition for the Oakville Subdivision, making every stop at the stations that Amtrak doesn't stop at, and at those other stations. I don't know about VIA Rail though. Probably not. But for the route, a more realistic timetable could be added. Passenger service runs way more frequently than CN on the line. Overall, the TOD4 lighting can be added, some scenery could be fixed, and passenger service can be a great addition to the route. And motion blur should be taken off the wheels of the trains.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

They actually do have the VIA license, but they never used it before.
    upload_2023-3-27_22-31-35.png

The only VIA trains on the Oakville Subdivision west of Etobicoke are Toronto-Windsor corridor trains, there's more VIA than Amtrak on the line, but GO makes up 90% of the passenger traffic still.

• Helpful Helpful x 1