An Adam Request List

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by davidh0501, Nov 22, 2020.

1. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a specific thread, but one would be useful for requests regarding preserved collections, other than bug fixes and PIS.
    A little something to keep him busy after the Freight pack is out.

What I would like to see is a few passengers scattered on the Oakville stations.
    I've been happily running Peninsular Corridor stock, but those empty platforms totally ruin any immersion.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My Adam Fix List (Part 1):
    1. Extra services and longer HST’s unlocked by default on GWE.
    2. Collectables fixed in RSN.
    3. Collectables fixed in LIRR.
    4. Achievable Gold Medals on all scenarios and timetable services.
    5. Medals on SKA & Rapid Transit

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

With this you would really just have to report ones where you can’t get gold medals as you find them. Adam’s team don’t have time to check every one to find the broken ones. You’ll need to be more specific.

4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

One might dream, right? Most of my wishes are applicable for the German routes only :)

High priority:
    - Fix the signalling system/PZB/LZB and catenary poles on the German routes (check the other various posts for more details on those topics) - including the speed limitations shown on HUD
    - Preserved Collection Sounds
    - PIS on stations and trains
    - Fix stop markers for all routes so they are realistic (and maybe even depending on the train length?)
    - Fix km-boards on the German routes (often missing completely, sometimes showing wrong numbers, sometimes just jumping up and down randomly), also improve readability (often very dark and therefore not readable)
    - Fix lighting issues in TSW2 routes when passing bridges and tunnels (where everything inside just turns dark, mainly around Köln and München)
    - Fix lighting issues with trains (e.g. passenger lights of Talent 2 on SKA shining through to the outside on the cab-cars)
    - Fix the issues with the ground (especially with tunnels, there seems to be a pile of soil that slowly gets smaller when approaching until it disappears)
    Medium priority:
    - More time table mode services for loco DLCs
    - Medals
    - Make the speed labels on the HUD more useful (e.g. not going in steps of 40 or showing x5 speeds, maybe use the same labels as the train itself uses on the MFD?)
    Low priority:
    - Improve the visuals of railroad crossings (aka make them look realistic)
    - Collectibles
    - Livery designer compatibility

Feel free to add your points

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Top;

Livery designer for class47, 43, 37, 08 and 40 British.

Medium;

Pis on eastcoastway

Low;

Pis on gwe

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Preserved collection sound fix is by far the most important thing to do now. If a locomotive (146.2) sounds like serious tinnitus, something is wrong. When there are no coasting sounds for Br 422, something is wrong. And as much as SPG is not part of this, horn and engine sound there need a serious revisit as well. This whole sound point has by now been brought up many times, but it is IMPORTANT!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t mention the sounds in my list because I feel this is a well known issue that Adams team should be very well aware of. The sounds are vital to the quality/immersion of the game.

8. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

If I had to pick one thing to be fixed, it would probably be the sounds! Lots of routes and locos have sound issues, but I was using the GP38-2 yesterday so that is my example here.
    First, the horn doesn't sound like the real K5s commonly found on CSX locos, but I don't see that being fixed. I also don't see a lot of other loco sounds being fixed. But hopefully a little more work will be done on future releases to get the sounds right. Second, you can't hear the horn inside the cab. Opening all the windows and doors doesn't make it louder either. The sound volume on the external cameras should be the sound volumes inside the cab, and the outside sound volumes should be louder.

Sorry about the rant. I had to get it off my shoulder. I don't mind having a buggy scenario or timetable service because I can work around that (I don't play for mastery), but the sounds could definitely use some work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As the OP made this thread for people to suggest things that are specifically NOT bug fixes or PIS, I’m a bit surprised at the distinct lack of suggestions, but it does show that people really do want bug fixes above all else because everybody has ignored the point of the thread and listed specific bugs they want fixed. So I might as well say that I also believe that fixes should be the priority, and go further by saying that nothing (including PIS) should be added to routes until the routes and trains are fixed. All of them. Then add PIS to the routes and make the trains compatible with livery designer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

For me Livery designer would be amazing as effectively adds via creation double the variety of locomotives to all routes which in turn adds to possibilities of scenario designer. But each to their own. Adam does seem very excited about a xmas release for Livery designer which is promising (based on last stream)

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would definitely prefer to see bug fixes before any new features. Whilst new features are very nice and most definitely wanted e.g. PIS, Station announcements etc, I want the game to have a solid foundation on which to build. At the moment there are still too many issues/niggles that spoil the experience.

• Like Like x 3