Bassmaster 2022 And Out Comes A New Game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master110, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Master110

Master110 Active Member

I don't understand why you keep pumping out games the catch should of been doc to fishing sim world

Where is the dlc for the catch

No more money for you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Master110, the team is no longer working on our previous games. We want to make sure we give the development team the time & resources they need to work on Bassmaster Fishing 2022, to add new features and work through some long standing comments from the feedback we receive for our games. Multi game support is something we would love to be able to do and perhaps in the future we can, but right now it's not possible.

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Sorry not really seen much info about BassMaster Fishing 2022, so might be asking either dumb a question or not. From the title I assume this is purely a sports/lure fishing game? And the more European style fishing that has been seen from Euro Fishing through to the Catch is no longer? Or does it have that element still as well?

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Bassmaster Fishing 2022 is going to focus on lure fishing, European fishing won't be something featured in this game.

5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this a conscious move away from European Fishing or will there be a Dovetail title that will cover that side of Fishing?

Also is this just US based fishing venues or will there be lure fishing from other places in the world? And various other lure catchable species?

Cheers.

6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

For this game it's focusing on US venues which are linked around the Bassmaster events.

There are no plans currently on future European fishing games, but this doesn't mean there won't be more. Simply put, it just means at the moment the teams focusing on Bassmaster Fishing 2022 and not what is going to come after it yet.

We do want to keep the clear and open communication with the community, even after the game comes out, so when it comes to what we do next, we will let everyone know :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pittie

Pittie Member

What a wrong decision. You will loose many European player. I will never understand this. In the past you had a nice game (fishing sim world). But instead of improve it with new lakes and features (you could sell so many DLCs), you will release a worst game and dispense with huge base of carp-lover (like me).
    What a wrong decision. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Waiting for carpmaster 2023 lol

9. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Lmao of course not the catch was just a cash grab. Most of us will not buy the new game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Master110

Master110 Active Member

It's ridiculous how many games they pump out broken

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

So it seems that by the statement of last Friday that:

- Euro Fishing, originally 2 November 2015 (steam release) is dead, we knew that when they switched to Fishing Sim World.

- Fishing Sim World, from 18 September 2018 (steam release) is dead too, even though they said 'we come back to the game' sometime last year, well they did with the 'basshop edition', which is well, just FSW focussing on Bass?
    (btw, they said that for the pre-order, you got X amount of TP points and wasn't available after, but it was in the deluxe edition, bit of a marketing mishap)

- Fishing Sim World: Bass shop pro edition
    Why does this even exist as a game.

- The Catch, 30 June 2020 (less then year old, hardly anything new beyond FSW) is now also declared dead?

Is it because if the low sale numbers possibly?
    Well, a quick solution was that it should just be 1 game that actively updated, new content and such.
    But just publishing a new game in such a short timespan, a few DLC is not the way for increased numbers.

Personally the orginal concept of Fishing Sim World (without the 'pro tour') was the best.
    A game with a bit of everything, add-ons with lakes for new experiences.

I didn't have time to play much fishing lately, I know that I was hooked (pardon the pun) on Euro Fishing due to its 'arcade' style.
    FSW brought an updated interface and experience, liked it, but sometimes went back to Euro Fishing.
    The Catch, I never got the time to actually tally up hours into it, but I liked the interface, think that I would those this version for now.

My advise for DTG:
    - Combine all games into 1 so you have a stable base
    - Update that base with new features, core enhancements
    - Get all older lakes imported, touched up for the new enhancements
    - Just stay on 1 version....

We now have 4, soon 5 different games.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Thanks for jotting down these notes, I'll pass this onto the fishing team. It's always really good to get constructive feedback such as this, so thank you again.

We got a lot of feedback at the back end of last year about our games, some of this was about the amount content that came with The Catch: Carp and Coarse, but a lot of it was about balancing, bugs/glitches, and some general quality of life improvement requests. What with the team working on Bassmaster Fishing 2022 we decided to give them more time and to keep them focusing on that game so we give it all the resources possible to address some of these long standing topics from the community. We didn't want to split the team.

We know that with our past releases that some of our players may be cautious about the new game and this is exactly why we announced at this early stage, so we could show everyone the progress the team is making on the new game in the run up to launch, this includes getting involved during the beta. The changes and work being done on this game will no doubt have a positive effect on future games & updates, which is why it's been so important for us to make sure we are allowing the dev team the time they need to work on it.

13. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Why did you dump all European players? Bassmaster is only about (US) bass...

• Like Like x 2
  14. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

I would like to know why The Catch is abandoned ......how do I feel confident buying another game from you people??????????? I mean you don't support good games. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

I guess they earn more money from their US sponsors than from the players they totally ignore. Anyway, if they don't want our money, I'm fine with it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

The team were working on Bassmaster Fishing 2022 and we wanted to make sure that we gave them the resources they needed to be able to work on new features, game modes and to work on some of the long standing feedback we have received. Splitting the team to work on both Bassmaster Fishing 2022 and The Catch: Carp and Coarse wasn't an option. The team is not in a position to do multigame support.

The improvements and work being done on Bassmaster Fishing 2022 will better inform our future games, the engine upgrade, the work being done to multiplayer, the gameplay mechanics, all of this work means that future games will also benefit from this list of improvements, this work wouldn't have been possible had we split the team.

As I mentioned before, we know that some players will be sceptical when it comes to our new game, and that's exactly why we have things in place such as the open beta, so we can be transparent with the whole community about the new game.

17. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I will keep an eye on it and see how it progresses. As it stands right now, probably something I wouldn't really be interested in but that might change down the line. I will keep an open mind until I see what it is all about. Of course I have never Bass Fished or know a great deal about it. I always enjoyed the leisure aspect of previous titles and never went in for multiplayer or tournament game play, I am guessing the new title will be geared heavily towards that? Being a Bass Tournament. The other aspect I will be keeping an eye on is what you can actually catch, if it's basically hooking 5lb Bass every cast, again this is not something for me and I am guessing most people who have never Bass fished or aren't heavily into the sport either. If there are bigger fish to be caught, which for me has always been the pull for the previous games. The "One that got away" syndrome. Might bring more interest.

Saying all of that, the biggest most important thing is all the bugs that have found their way through the titles to be removed. I'd prefer that completely to some new play system etc

One thing I have been slightly critical of in the past is the European Fishing games were too heavily carp based, lots of venues had 2 or 3 species of carp and sometimes you only had a few of anything else. To be fair this improved and actually although the Catch was a disappointment just because it wasn't much different to FSW (And dropped quickly!!!!), more species to Catch was definitely a plus.

Time will tell.

18. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Hello, firstly I am mostly from the TSW franchise/threads but I would like to pose a question:
    If the development team is "done or finished" on all previous games as you mentioned, Why are those games still on Dovetail Live if they are not being supported anymore.
    This is true for the last 4 entries into this genre (Euro Fishing, Fishing Sim World, Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour and The Catch).
    However, if the development team is "done or finished" with these games. Why are they still here, I know they are not really relevant, But I want an explanation.
    As I see it, you produce a new game every few years then you scrap it and keep this process going.
    I am in no way nitpicking or calling anyone out, but from a consumer perspective, this "practice" is not the best and has controversy.

19. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

As the dev team moves onto a new game, we still have our previous games on stores for players to purchase on platforms like, Steam, PS store, Microsoft etc. We also know that not all players will always take up a new game and may still really enjoy previous games that we released. Dovetail live holds a lot of great information for players new & old. Trophy fish locations, tips for predator fish, tutorials, mastery integration etc. Removing these off Dovetail Live would also then remove a lot of this information.

The developers and community team are two different teams & Dovetail, the dev team might be working on something new, but the community team is still very much engaged with the whole community, not just the new one. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1