Annoying Beeping Noise On 204

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Mar 12, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Edit: now affecting class 314.

I have tried using the 204 but shortly after I start I end up with the PZB beeping continuously and it will not stop. I have pressed all 3 buttons, tried turning off PZB, removing the reverse handle, shutting down the loco but it will not stop. This has made it unusable as it is annoying and gets louder every time I press any PZB buttons. How do I get this fixed?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2021
  2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Never had this bug before. Have you tried restarting the game? If this happens again we might need to take a closer look at this.

3. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Maybe start by doing the loco operation tutorial and learn how to use it ?!

• Like Like x 3
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I have had this quite often, too. I fixed it by turning pzb on and off multiple times if I remember correctly.

Waiting since months until Preserved Crew finished MSB and avoiding it since

• Like Like x 1
  5. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have used PZB on other locos and it works fine, this constant beeping happens only on the 204.

6. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How is it even different to any other loco with PZB? I have used PZB on others before and this does not happen.

I have tried turning it off and on but nothing happens.

7. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

This issue seems to have manifested in the 314 now too. I had just done multiple runs on the clockwise circular that starts and ends in Glasgow Central, switching ends in between instead of returning to the main menu (thus keeping 314216 the entire time). On the final run back to the depot I had the AWS trigger as normal but after I pressed the reset button it kept going, I stopped the train and restarted the cab only to hear another it as if there was a second tone over the top of the AWS which did cancel, unfortunately the tone persisted. I managed to stop it by entering another unit ('201) but it was still audible every time I used the outside camera or exited '201 but not in '201's cab.

8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

In the 314 it happens if you change the reverser to off while the TPWS is sounding. Its fairly easy to reproduce and I've provided instructions to DTG in Kayako call and here on the forum.

Paul

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Normal any time the reverser is set to 'reverse.' Happens on all German trains, although generally one only reverses shunters.

10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Depends how badly you blow through a platform... sometimes I need to reverse ;)

11. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

It is not set to reverse, that should only put the PZB system in to 1000 limit mode. On the 204 it starts beeping at random and won't stop, even turning the PZB system off has no effect like in the video. The AWS on any UK rolling stock will not trigger by going in reverse although reversing is illegal anyway except under certain circumstances. The 314 is also causing the same issue but with normal AWS warnings which on some occasions just will not silence.
    I am not sure what you mean, TPWS shouldn't do anything except for SPAD or overspeed intervention. The problem I had with the 314 was while passing over an AWS ramp approaching a single yellow signal, it sounded as normal but would not cancel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

I don't know what to say then, because I have driven the 204 a lot but never had this crop up.

13. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

This has been happening to me frequently with the 204, do you use the PZB all the time or have it isolated?

14. solicitr

Always on.

15. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I just tried again on a timetable run and the first time I pressed to clear the restrictive speed it just starts constantly beeping, I turned it off but makes no change. I am not making this up and have no reason to. This stops me using any use of the unpowered part of the Spersart route since I can't code and can't add the 363 on a run. This is also on a reinstall from the original.

16. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Let's wait for the MSB fixes coming soon with the core updates an re-evaluate. I stopped playing anything MSB a year ago and wait (and hope) since then for that

17. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

What do you mean by the MSB updates? Is that something too do with Rush Hour?