Annoying Problem With Dovetail Account On Xbox

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hasse#8149, Jul 27, 2021.

1. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Anyone else have the problem of being logged out from your DTG account and have to log in agan at game launch? Happens to me frequently, but not every time. And also having to consent to connecting live and DTG account at every game launch. Both are annoying AF.

2. dainis#5378

dainis#5378 New Member

Yes. DTG said they are aware of problem and working on fix.
    Another problem I have is that after resuming game with quick resume, even if you are connected to Dovetail account, the submission of screenshots or drivers logbook does not work. Have to close game first and then start it again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

This is certainly a problem, lots of games suffer, in fact it’s been a problem since the start of the last generation (Xbox one, PS4). Due to many games now being a ‘service’ and having a ‘portal’ the live link to the portal kicks after a set amount of time, however the ‘suspend’ tries to keep the game running. Call of duty suffered badly at the start of the last gen. Forza Horizon 4 works well, game is still running and auto connects to a session. Doom eternal handled it bad, full disconnect and need to restart game (why you need a live link for the single player portion is another question).

I presume it wouldn’t be hard (non game programmer here, so probably taking out of my arse) to have TSW check for a live connection every time you start a new route/journey, and if there isn’t one, dial in (dial, showing my age).

4. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

There was another post about this, and I suggested a full uninstall and reinstall (of TSW2), never heard back if it worked or not, but worth a shot.

5. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

I've just got in the habit of doing a full quit whenever I leave the game now, just to make sure the connection is made whenever I go to play it.

'Tis a pain though.

6. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I always switch it off at the wall after playing and always get a connection when I go back on.

7. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

I also close the game every time but still experience this issue on every start of the game. Either I’m logged out of my DTG account or i have to consent to connecting them up again and again