Another Modern Uk Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BMW M3 GTR 2005, Oct 27, 2020.

1. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

Hey all, me again. I was thinking of another modem UK route. I was potentially thinking of something like the Brighton mainline, the Midland Mainline (EMT or EMR), the East Coast Mainline, the West Coast Mainline, the West Coastway, the PDL and the Waverly lines. You can submit trains for these, and existing routes as well as other routes down below

• Like Like x 1
  2. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

What about a modern UK tram route

• Like Like x 1
  3. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

Like Croydon?

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

As a purely selfish route suggestion, I'll put forward my local lines, the Airedale and Wharfedale lines which haven't been modelled been modelled in a simulator yet.

These lines connect Leeds, Bradford Forster Square, Ilkley and Skipton, totalling just over 40 miles with 19 stations. The service is run mainly by 4 car class 333 EMUs and some 331s but there are also 158 DMUs running express services between Leeds and Skipton which continue off to Carlisle and Morecambe. There's also freight services, mainly stone traffic hauled by class 66s. The service is frequent across the lines with multiple trains per hour between each of the terminal stations, giving a large variety of services to do. The routes a mixture of urban, with the suburbs of Leeds and Bradford, and rural, with the line running through along much of the line. This would also be the first OLE electrified route in TSW, bringing a different aspect of the railways in Britain to the simulator.

I'd suggest including the class 333 and 158 with the route with the 331 as an extra DLC.

Here's a map of the lines from Wikipedia:
    upload_2020-10-27_22-2-52.png
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airedale_line
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharfedale_line

5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d like to see London - Brighton, the ECML, the Elizabeth line (Crossrail), or any London Underground Line set in the modern day (2012-2021).

6. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I’m up for Midland Mainline, York to Scarborough in a class 68 doing push/pull operations and Chester to somewhere in Wales. These routes are lengthy in terms of mileage like 40 miles minimum at least for MML and some distance running down the East Coast Mainline I think to get to Scarborough ? Also like to give the Class 68 a spin and giving Push/Pull operations a go in Britain.

7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

With TSW typically having limitations of 30-40 mile routes, any mainline such as the MML, WCML or ECML would be hard to do because typically the first stop on express trains is anywhere between 30-50-100 miles.

So at the most, you'll be driving from A to B and only stopping at one station. Which would give you half an hour at best of driving at speed.

So until the mileage can be extended, slower commuter routes would be preferred I think.

8. jack.a.varley04

Yes or Nottinghams trams something interesting

9. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

I really wanna see the southwestern railway. Maybe London Waterloo to Southhampton or Portsmouth. The trains have beautiful combinations of blue, orange, and yellow and their brand new, modern trains are absolutely stunning. They could make a lot of different liveries for this route. This route has already been made in TS so I do not see why they can't make it.
    NEWER TRAIN:
    cfb310d0dfd3626baf66c76d984c1386.jpg

OLDER TRAINS:

south_west_trains_1.jpg south-west-trains.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I like English Manor and Jane Austen's novels

11. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I think the SWML would be a phenomenal route although it would only best be enjoyed and appreciatiated if there is a high level of train traffic. If it’s going to be a ghost town like most networks are now, it’s going to get boring very quickly. See the attachments below of all departures and arrivals into London Waterloo in the space of 1 hour. It’s breathtaking how many trains there are. (83 train movements this hour!)

If there was a route, I would expect it would go to Basingstoke (47 miles). Some nice complex stations along the route Waterloo itself as well as Clapham Junction, Woking and potentially Guildford. There are also lots of opportunities for traction/route extensions. [Dare I say it: Guildford to Reading to link the GWML]

Traction: Class 444/450; Class 158/159; Class 455; Class 456; Class 707; Class 458; Class 701s in the near future. And of course, plenty of heritage stock you could use too.

Maybe have base traction of 444/450 (semi-fast/express to Basingstoke/Guildford and 455 (stopper service to Woking).

Then you could have a Basingstoke to Salibsury DLC (36 miles) with Class 158/159.

And then a Clapham Junction to Windsor/Reading DLC with the Class 458 and 707.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Very true! It is just not the same if there is not enough train traffic. I personally went on this route multiple times and agree that it would be a wonderful addition to the game. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Another modern Uk route?
    Yes please.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jack.a.varley04

How about a smaller emr branch line like the robin hood line using the class 156 153 and 158

15. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I don’t know, they gave us Peninsula Corridor and Sand Patch Grade and they exceed 30 miles easily. So longer routes can be done, it will take longer to develop though.

• Like Like x 2