Anticipation Or Frustration?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Railmaster, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Anticipation or frustration

This is certainly primarily a question of whether and how one feels anticipation at all. DTG always knows how to cloud this harsh.

We've been waiting for another (now final) major update from the Preservation Crew for quite some time. So I guess I'll wait it out before playing these DLC again. But it doesn't come and there's silence in the forest. Am I still looking forward to it or is that frustration?

After the cat was out of the bag with TSW3, I'm of course happy about it and everything that entails. But this long lead time between leak, announcement and release hardly nourishes my anticipation but only frustration.

Because when I know that something new is coming, I'm happy and let the old one rest. In the meantime, we're still waiting for the latest PC update! Will probably only come after TSW3.

DTG turns it into a cat and mouse game and for me that expresses itself more in frustration and massively dampens the anticipation. Only my collector gene saves DTG from the fact that I would only buy in the sale for this reason.

In terms of marketing and PR, DTG is often difficult to digest. How do you feel? Does it fuel your anticipation more, or does it dampen it and frustrate you instead?

Feel free...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m excited for TSW 3, but if it turns out to be a cluster duck of issues, they’ll hear about it on the forums.

3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Same procedure as every year, right?

• Like Like x 2
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I do feel the streams are kind of pointless as it's more of a ramble and occasionally "high five" exercise than a concise attempt to deal with the sometimes hard questions people ask. If it's intended to make us fold and buy the game, sorry guys it's not working. In fact the body language on the section of clip I watched said more than the words. With no disrespect to either party, Matt looked nervous and distracted and JD came across like a used car salesman trying to persuade you the old banger filled with putty and the mileage wound back is perfect for you.

In fact TSW is a bit like those old cars we used to buy in the early days before we could afford to buy something new or nearly new. Highly polished exterior, fresh tyre black but under the hood bodged to hell with a 3 month warranty not worth the paper it was printed on. Any mechanical defect stonewalled, "They all do that, mate" and so on.

My views on how I feel about TSW3 are pretty much summed up in my signature. That aside, I wish they would come straight out and say if things like Journey mode progress will step across. I really don't know why it's not possible to give a straight answer, given we are three weeks from release and the external beta test is already ongoing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

While I understand the negativity, I wouldn't start calling it frustrating, a dissapointment, or even scam. Like I mentioned earlier, the standard edition gives you about three routes for the price of one and a half, with new features that the community had either asked about previously, or welcomes them as "neat".

Having TSW3 which contains three new routes and features for the same price of a normal TSW2 route and loco DLC, I'd say it's the better deal that we got the former instead of the latter.

6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I've set my expectation based on past releases, which means I do not expect things to go smoothly. I could do what others will do and believe that this time it'll all be fine, but that's setting yourself up for resentment based on all available evidence that something somewhere will go wrong, because it always does. If, come release day, I am playing the game without issue, I will be pleasantly surprised, and if not, well, I wasn't expecting anything much different, so I won't be particularly disappointed.

I tend to just go with what I can, which is to say, with previous issues there has never been a total blackout, always some routes have been available to play, or some new features to be experienced, so if that's the case I'll likely get on with that rather than joining the chorus of people pointing out what has gone wrong.