Any Good Suggestions About Ice-routes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aDoge, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

I have been seaching for a good ICE-Route in germany for the past few days and I've come to some criteria how a ICE route for TSW should be like.

1.The length

The length of previous released routes for TSW are variing from 37 km to up to 77 km.

So we have to find a relative short route

[​IMG]

2.Variety of trains

The high-speed route should also have a S-Bahn/Intercity/Regionalexpress/Regionalbahn next to the Route or at least something similar(Something like Munich-Augsburg).It would be pretty boring to drive from a to b without doing something else besides driving that ICE train.

3.Speed

The route shouldn't be a 160 km/h or less "high-speed route".Who wants to drive a ICE at the speed of the talent 2 as an S-Bahn?200km/h at least.Please.

4.Scenery

The route shouldn't be like 50% in tunnels.(like Göttingen-Kassel:21km of the 44km are ounderground!)

5.Multiple Stops

You know,the same route without a stop would be boring.

6.Thats it!

I hope we will find some good routes to suggest!

(If somebody disagree with me,let me know in the comments.If your argument is good,i will correct the Thread)

(And yeah,i know,the Route Leipzig-Erfurt isn't that greatly fitting my criteria but i thought it would be easier to realise the route becuase of all the photos and animations made)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

The Mannheim-Stuttgart high speed railway might be a good candidate. Speed-wise, it goes up to 280 km/h and carries ICE, TGV, Intercity, regional/commuter and freight traffic. It has one intermediary (high speed) station (Vaihingen an der Enz), multiple interchanges, flying junctions and regional service on the Vaihingen-Stuttgart part of the line, as well as regional service on the adjacent lines near Hockenheim. At nighttime, there is pretty extensive freight traffic on the line. The line is just under 100km long and one of the most interesting high-speed railways from an operational point of view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannheim–Stuttgart_high-speed_railway

• Like Like x 3
  3. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

Sounds good,but i think the route is a little big too long.

I already took the ICE from Stuttgart to Mannheim and I think its a pretty fast route.

Freight traffic at night sounds interesting!

I did some research about the Vaihingen Stuttgart Part,and the only thing i found out is that the S4 and the S5 Share high-speed route, but only until the Dreieck Stuttgart Zufennhausen.

Green:S-Bahn S4+S5 Red:High speed Route

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

There are two-hourly to hourly non-stop Interregio-Express services between Stuttgart and Vaihingen, using the high speed line. They are operated with Doppelstock coaches and BR 146/147 electric locomotives. The overall service pattern is as follows: About 2 ICEs per hour, about 2 ICs per hour (some stop in Vaihingen), about 1 regional per hour, three to four TGVs per day, about three ICE stoppers per day (stop in Vaihingen), variable number of freights at night.

In order to make the TGVs toward Karlsruhe player-driveable, it might be good to include the station of Bruchsal. In real life, the TGVs to Paris don't stop there, but I think it would be an acceptable compromise to have them stop there. So a triangle route Mannheim-Bruchsal-Stuttgart or even Mannheim-Stuttgart-Karlsruhe would be ideal - however, you are right that it would be considerably longer than the standard TSW route. Remember, however, that there are quite a few tunnels, so it might not be infeasible scenery-wise to build this route to budget.

Another interesting triangle route would be Erfurt-Leipzig-Halle, which goes up to 300km/h and is operated with ECTS in-cab signalling. It also has a decent amount of tunnels, but like Mannheim-Stuttgart it makes it up by some nice views from viaducts. Currently, there is no freight, but that will change in the future. If you want a fast route (250hm/h) that doesn't include tunnels but also carries freight, I would look at Hannover-Berlin, for example, the Hannover-Wolfsburg section.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I think GWE has shown the shortcomings of high speed running in the current setup. 25 mins at a near constant speed isn't that much fun. High speed rail is even worse as you don't get much variety.

I think your best chances are if Rapid Transit gets extended to Wittenburg (and Leipzig HBf gets modelled above ground), 200km/h running with LZB and Traditional ICs, IC2s (A Dosto disguised as an IC) and ICEs

6. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

Good thought about the tunnels though:More tunnels = less scenery to build = the route could be longer than usual

I already made a Thread about an ICE route from Erfurt to Leipig.(But i have to say,it's quiet boring)

That's interesting,but i dont think they will add IC trains,which will drive the same route as the ICE.

So the possible scenarios for the route will be driving an ICE train from Stuttgart to Mannheim (with stop at Vaihingen),the S4/S5 to Kornwestheim and some Freight train operations.I think this will be enough!

(Exept you want to add something)

7. aDoge

aDoge Well-Known Member

Well,it would be cool if they would just extend the Rapid Transit to Erfurt.Like driving to the ICE Plattform by S-Bahn and then with 320km/h towards Erfurt sounds kinda cool.It would be an pretty simple Route.