Anyone Else Here Played Traindrive Ats2 On Iphone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ChewChew, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ChewChew

ChewChew New Member

I bought Train Drive ATS2 on the iTunes store a few years ago, and enjoy playing it when I have a few minutes to waste. The graphics are blocky (at least it runs smoothly on my potato phone) and the interface could be a little less text based, but the audio and gameplay is excellent! They even got the same lady who reads out the real train announcements in Japan to provide the audio for the announcements in game.

The scoring system is brutal:
    • Each stop can award a maximum of 100 points.
    • You lose a point for each centimeter (!!!) you are away from the stopping marker.
    • You lose 30 points for overrunning the station.
    • You lose points if the train comes to a stop too aggressively.
    • You only get 85% of your possible score if you coast during the deceleration.

You also lose points while you exceeding the speed limit by more than 1 km/hr, and you lose points for being late to the station.

The Japanese signal system also imposes speed limits based on certain combinations of lights - so even if the limit is 100, if the lights could impose an additional speed restriction for the next block (to maintain spacing with the preceding train):
    • Green = 110 km/hr
    • Green and Yellow = 75 km/hr
    • 1 x Yellow = 45 km/hr
    • 2 x Yellow = 25km/hr
    • Red = 0km/hr
    All of this adds up to a real challenge - and you can't "unlock" the next scenario until you get a minimum score, which provides real incentive to be smooth, accurate and attentive. I wish TSW Action Points were awarded in a similar fashion!

• Like Like x 1