1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Fancy Trying Out A Batch Script I Wrote?

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by Reef, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If you know what the clear cache batch file is then this is for you.

It's basically the same thing only that it offers you 4 options when you run it...
    1. Delete .pak files only (commonly deleted after adding a repaint to rolling stock)
    2. Delete .bak files only (commonly deleted if you use the route editor a lot)
    3. Delete BOTH file types
    4. Delete nothing and EXIT

Once completed it then auto closes so you don't have to interact with it after it's done (for me at least that usually means refocusing on the cmd window and then looking for that elusive "any key").

It's as safe as the existing available batch cache scripts out there it just gives you a little more functionality and options.

Anyway let me know if you want me to steal all your cloud nudes uh I mean if you want to try it out ahem..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Nobody interested then? I was going to put it up on either UKTS or ATS once confirmed working ok for other people, guess it's just me that finds the cache batch file useful.

3. WoodlandTracks

WoodlandTracks Active Member

Not many people around anymore that are familiar with DOS and BAT files.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

So it would seem, anyway no bother, the only reason I wrote my own is because I lost mine with the great data disaster of 2021 (it's now a historical event as far as I'm concerned at least), and as per usual I got carried away and embellished it.
    I've still achieved what I set out to do which is have a .bat cache cleaner in my assets folder again so all good. :)