Apt-p Class 370 C-apt Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by seanpholland, Jul 4, 2021.

1. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Hi folks-
    Lately I've been pretty obsessed with the Class 370 APT-P on the West Coast Main Line, as I think it's just a spectacular bit of history and technology.

I've gone into the scenario editor to activate C-APT for the WCML North & Shap merge, but I haven't been able to figure out how to trigger the speed limits, and it isn't in the manual. I'd love to be able to turn the 125mph into true 155 mph zones like in the Shap scenarios.

What am I missing?

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I don't know much about scenario creation but there is a template scenario for the APT in WCML (North) with C-APT points set up. I believe the idea is to clone that scenario and use the copy as the starting point for your own work.

I love driving the APT. Wish I knew how to set up C-APT points in other routes- and more about scenario making in general obviously.

3. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

FWIW I picked up basic scenario creation in about an hour. It's imposing at first, but actually doesn't end up that difficult, at least for basic things.

The problem with the clonable scenario is that I'm trying to use the merge of WCML North and Over Shap, and thus that scenario for Shap isn't able to just copy over. And when I go into that scenario, I cannot for the life of me see how the 155 speed limit parts work.

I'm hoping that if/when ATS releases the full merge of London-Glasgow that somebody will put in the C-APT bits, as that would be wonderful.

4. JJTimothy

Bah- I meant Shap there. Yes- my answer was generally useless. I look in on the forums when I can't get to sleep- clearly I shouldn't post then.

There's a Workshop scenario for WCML Trent Valley with the C-APT active. The speed limits seem to be those for the Pendolino but it offers hope.

5. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Ok, to answer my question: double click on the Start APT section, then in the flyaway window in the upper right, you'll get an option for Speed Limit. Haven't really tested it out much, but this is exactly what I needed.

6. JJTimothy

Ooh- I have no idea what you're talking about (on the iPad ATM and can't look into this and, as I mentioned, not much of a clue about scenario creation) but, on behalf of at least one person I know who's been trying to figure this out, thank you very much.