Are Xbox One X/s Tsw2 Days Now Numbered( Nope Yea!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 21, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

With dtg now saying next generation consoles will get better this and that and in this case xbox ones might not,is it only matter of time before those of us who haven't upgraded or haven't been able to, get let behind and won't get any new content because xbox ones can't handle it anymore.Could this mean we might miss out on steam trains possibly.

Note:I'm sure some of us would like to get a xbox series X/S but between scarcity and scalpers it becoming a uphill battle to upgrade before possibly being left behind.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

No, not a chance of Xbox one players, or any console player will be left out of steam trains. Xbox t and c’s state that they must publish any add on etc to the store and make it available to any player. The only thing dtg change change is enhancements, so things like improved graphics, more layers etc

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We stated right from the launch of Rush Hour when we started talking about Series X/PS5 support that we were not going to be holding them back based on the older consoles but equally that we weren't going to be dropping support for those consoles either.

There is simply only so much the older platforms can do compared to the newer ones, our aim is to keep the same level of support on older platforms that we've done before, hence, Sherman Hill is a similar experience to Sand Patch Grade in terms of consist lengths.

So in answer to your question - no, the Xbox One days are most certainly not numbered.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

That's a relief to hear from someone in the know,I had to ask i have read stories that suggest for many game publishers developing games for multiple console systems is very time consuming,so when you add to that workload with additional development time needed for multi- generational systems that normally means at some point they will normally move on to support only the newer systems.Good to know we still hopefully have several years left at least. thx matt....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

When you have an engine you can scale just fine to multiple generations of console hardware, and they're so similar to develop for, maintaining support for the previous gen is a no-brainer. It's minimal additional effort, for a sizeable existing userbase. And as long as the global supply chain shortages continue to impact production of the current gen consoles, it'll continue to be so.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Not sure where you live but Calgary Alberta Canada both the Westbrook and Chinook Centre's EB Games have over 20 Series X units sitting there. You have to buy it in a bundle with minimum 6 month Ultimate Game Pass so it us $636 instead of the $599 price. There are other tiers of bundles but that is the lowest option.

I'm surprised people are still having trouble finding them, I know it is happening without a doubt. But I've been Xmas shopping here and I see Series X's and PS5's in every electronic store or Walmart.

And talking with the manager at an EB Games told me she has had at least 6 units in her store for the last 6 months but no one is buying them they haven't sold 1 unit in 2 months.

So it seems while some places are struggling other places are overwhelmed.

I got mine back in April, I just walked into a store and they had them. But I know I was lucky. Either way this shortage won't last forever.

7. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's likely that places with a surplus are due to fairly localised regional situations where a certain console is in far higher demand, due to most people having an existing investment in that one, and all their social circles doing so too.
    Around here, I preordered mine the day they first went live, and so far just one other friend who lives in the area has managed to snag one, albeit around 10 months later, by going online and catching one as they became available on a particular store. But all my IRL friends have been pretty much exclusively XBox owners now for 3-4 console generations, with only a couple of exceptions having ever also owned a Playstation since the PS2, and I've yet to meet anyone outside of the internet who has a PS5, so if the folks I went to school with back in the 80s, or met at college in the 90s are representative of people in this area more generally, demand around here is probably still outstripping supply, especially if distribution ends up not compensating for those differences.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  8. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

And when you are able to upgrade, TSW2 will be waiting for you!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The only point at which the gen 8 consoles will likely lose support, is when the gen 10s arrive. DTG can’t be expected to support them forever but that’s at least few years away. TSW3 will have surely dropped by then using UE5.