Arosa - Christmas

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coastway trainspotter, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

C0D9E8D7-D8B0-46ED-A679-3179AFA9C17A.jpeg
    Just seen this on Instagram , what do people think about this ?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Oh, that's nice.

3. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I really like that, hope this means rivet are gonna do something with Arosa for Christmas, even if its just limited time mastery rewards it would definitely get rivet some brownie points.

They have been teasing it on twitter by the looks of it, maybe it will come up in the roadmap tomorrow?
    Also notice the livery on the loco, haven't seen that before.

Screenshot_20211129-190132_Twitter.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Nice

5. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Finally, something good!

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That bottom one is Train Simulator, so I doubt that'll have any meaning at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

. And West Cornwall Local too I hope.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Not impressed. Fix the route first then add fancy lights.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chipmunk

Chipmunk New Member

looks amazing hopefully it gets added

10. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

From minute 2:30 of this beautiful Rätische Bahn video we can see the viaduct illuminated in real life.
    By the way, this route would have benefited greatly from Dresden's night-time lighting!

I hope this announcement means that they are working on Arosa linie and that they will finally fix many of the problems it has. I bought it at full price because I was really looking forward to owning it but then felt very let down so hopefully I can finally enjoy it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Langwieser Viaduct Lit in Christmas decoration like the actual thing. For Rivet Games look up how Rhb lights other famous viaducts in the network.

12. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The route is such low quality, starting with the incompleteable timetables and the sub-par visuals that a Christmas decoration, while nice, won't really save it or sell it, in my opinion. This route, as it represents a unique country in a game which is so obsessed with only three regions, would have deserved so much better representation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Rivet's announcement on their forums says that the timetable will be upgraded - for free - for everyone. Then there is these decorations, the livery pack and the new car thing in a seperate DLC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

That is all great, however the route is still in an undesirable state currently.

15. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

I bought this several days ago but it seems I am missing content which was advertised. Quoting directly from this article:
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...es/article/rhb-anniversary-collection-out-now

'There are two versions of the coach in the Add-On, one that has been given a festive touch, and includes twinkling lights and seasonal music that can easily be turned on and off, the other is without lights or music for the warmer months.'

The lights on the coach are never lit, the 'seasonal music' appears to be limited to a short jingle when, for example, unloading presents during the Xmas Delivery scenario. Also missing passengers in Timetable mode. A broken red sign at the start, the list goes on sadly.

So I am missing something because so far this is underwhelming. The Xbox version already seems quite limited but this will keep me from buying any other DLC in the future.

16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You have to turn the lights on,or didn't you realize that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

Yes I saw it on Youtube but I can't couple the wagons because of the broken red sign before that.

18. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

If there are carriages in front of the signal then you need to contact the dispatcher to request to go past the red signal, not sure how to do it on Xbox but I'm sure someone else will know :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. Princess Entrapta

What's that? Unable to get past a red light the dispatcher constantly denies you at in a TSW2 scenario?
    Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

Lol, don't know if you guys are making fun of me or the game. :D I just started out.

Apparently the red light issue is common? I haven't saw anything in game about a 'dispatcher', at least, not on Xbox. I will check this later today.

Thanks!

21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Probably a bit of both...
    Basically if you come up to a signal and "the next block is occupied", ie there's a train or carriages just past the signal then you have to "contact the signaller" to ask for permission to pass that signal. In the case of needing to hook up to wagons or carriages they will almost always say yes and give you a clear to proceed signal (not a green light but some other indication such as two small white lights etc)
    You can then pass the signal at slow speed to do what you need to do

Of course, once you're couple up to the carriage you can then turn the lights on...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

Thanks, that's good information.

23. Princess Entrapta

Oh, I'm making fun of the game. There are a couple of unobtainable achievements due to red lights where the dispatcher won't let you through on scenarios, such as in the Cathcart Circle Line DLC.

Anyway, on the standard TSW2 XBox controls it's B on the pad, on classic TSW1 controls like the preserved content uses I think it's on the D-pad somewhere. If you use a keyboard on your XBox then I think the standard PC keybinds also apply.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

Thanks! So I might be able to do a special run on Christmas after all. I was looking forward to this haha.

25. Princess Entrapta

And just so you are aware, if you load a save you have like a 90% chance that none of the signals will work and every train on the route will get stuck.

26. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I see no reason at all to make fun of you.Because the game itself already gives the players plenty of laughs and a few tears.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

Well isn't that nice. So far I don't even understand the save system. Is it shared between all routes?

Yes I see what you mean, but I made a few mistakes too. Yesterday I was able to pass the red sign after contacting the signaler, maybe that was mentioned in some of the training scenarios but I have only done a few of those.

28. Princess Entrapta

There's a single save slot, it doesn't matter which route's menu you are in when you load a save, it loads that same single save file. This can be useful if you left the game and came back later, as you don't need to navigate through all your owned routes to find the one you were playing, just load the first one highlighted and click on the load game button to immediately get back where you were.

But yeah, it's buggy. Though perhaps not as buggy as MS Flight Sim's "very pre-alpha" save/load function which removes all landmarks and adds vast straight canyons across the terrain when you load a save.

29. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This thread has gone completely off topic
    DTG Natster please can this thread be locked

30. Jeffdk

Jeffdk New Member

I think it's especially confusing because there is no load screen where you can see and select what file will be loaded. Luckily the Xbox has quick resume.

Even though I must agree, why so salty? ;)

31. Princess Entrapta

Sadly the core update broke Quick Resume for TSW2