PC Arosa: Things We Could Have Done Without

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fabristunt, Mar 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Since Rivet asked us to point out where they added to much details, I'd like to start a list.

- Mirrors: it might be nice to watch them fold out, but what's the point if they do not work as mirrors?
    - Driver's cab fan: kinda useless.
    - The whole stop requesting thing: it's just eye candy, it does not affect any train. What's the point of having it then?
    - Guard signal: same as above, useless at the moment.
    - Walking around the lake and other areas far from the track: was that really so important?

The time spent coding and creating such features could in my opinion have been spent on doing something more useful, like for example a better timetable that included freight operations or adding a bit of detail to the distant scenery.

I'll add more things as they come up.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SamTDS

SamTDS New Member

for the fan a lot of the community like having the switch to play with or the sound of the fan running.

As for the rest it keeps the route closer to real life and gives further opportunities for the future, maybe even multiplayer one day where another person operates that guard signal

3. fabristunt

I also like to play with switches, but they should be added AFTER the main gameplay is catered for, non in lieu of it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. roggek

roggek Active Member

Since RhB is world famous for "mixed trains" (adding a few freight coaches back of a normnal passenger train), and the timetables is a 2015 replica (one train/h) that will proibably never happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, mixed trains would've been nice, including a bit of shunting to couple/uncouple freight wagons at either end of the line. That would've added some freight action without the need to run freight-only trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fabristunt

That's the kind of freight ops I am referring to.

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Once in a while it's nice to walk around on foot. Got no issue with being able to explore the lake area. There are collectables there too if you're going for all achievements.

I think mirrors are a nice touch for role play. Wouldn't you put them out when going onto the road? I would love to see mirrors work in TSW but it's a resource hog. Maybe one day at least for PC.

8. feliusdrawn

feliusdrawn New Member

Guys i need some help. The signal was not red (also it was green in the HuD) but after i passed the emergency brakes (i guess) activated and couldn't release them. Stuck. I wonder the reason and how i survive from this situtation? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yes, being able to walk around the lake adds a lot of fun for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

The guard signal is not useless as functions as TRTS plunger does in U.K. it works like this you close your doors signal is already green however you have to use the guard boxes as when train doors closed these illuminate how it works is like this you are presented with a light on guards platform panel when appropriate ie doors shut then you press button another light on panel lights up as confirmation system green where this comes into it when you get back into train look again at the signals and on successful operation in addition to the green signal as you seen before there is the appearance of white lights that were not present before operation these indicate the points set correctly for your route you cannot go wrong as box light will only be on for your track however if for example your to pass through a station without need to stop then you are not required to operate the guards panel hope this helps clear the guards boxes/TRTS up

11. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In case you both missed it there is a log car and it can be used separately or there are afew passenger/logcar combo trains on this route.yea it's only one frieght wagon but it better then having no frieght options.
    Note...There are alot of siding on this route plus a few train yards,so a shunter/frieght wagon add on might be a real possibility.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  12. roggek

roggek Active Member

I would see more freight options than just the log car. RhB has a plethora of different freight coaches.
    I saw a video on Youtube that they even transported alpine cows up to the meadows in Arosa:

JSVideo Güterverkehr der Rhätischen Bahn Vol 2 - YouTube
    (the cow transport to Arosa starts at 01:05:08 in the video)

13. fabristunt

There are no freight ops whatsoever in the timetable mode. I leked the scenarios, but there should be something also in the ttl mode.

Ok, but it still is pointless as I myself need to be the one to turn it on, there is no guard simulation.

14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This is not the same as the TS version,the TS has had more time to be worked on and add to.But hopefull this is just the 1st phase for this line,you get out the basic route with primary needed content loco/and passenger/baggage cars a 1 frieght wagon.
    Now like i said hopefully rivet games adds to this route,but it takes time to build locos and cars and senarios/time tables etc.Beside theres only so much they can include with a 30.00 route.Plus this is only there 3rd tsw effort and with each effort they will get better and perhaps future add on routes will offer more included content.