PC Arrival Time

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Antonio Intini, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Antonio Intini

Antonio Intini New Member

Hi there,

I'm playing the GWR addon, and I noticed that some of my arrival times are not accepted by the game.

For example, it says I'm due to arrive at 10:09 at West Drayton, and the actual time I arrived is the same 10:09. Nonetheless, it gives me a red X meaning I did not accomplish the schedule.

What is the tolerance for the arrival time? Is this counting upon full stop or when I open the train doors?

2. hightower

hightower Guest

I think the green tick/Red Cross is actually about stopping in the correct place. I’m not sure the time is relevant.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Due to getting my braking wrong I've ended up with 3/4 of the HST beyond the platform but still received a green tick at the end of the service. This was in the latest build (260).

4. hightower

hightower Guest

Equally I’ve missed every timing on a route by 1 or 2 minutes and had all green ticks. It suggests it might be a bug then I guess.

5. Antonio Intini

Antonio Intini New Member

It really sounds like a bug. I tried several times, and my train seems to be pretty aligned on the platform marks.

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

This has absoluetely nothing to do with platform alignment. I can overrun a station and reverse back in to still get a check mark, I can stop with only the very last door of the train on the platform and still get a check mark. It is supposed to be for time. Being a bit early and a bit late are both fine, but being too early (for some reason) means a red x, and too late also means a red x.

• Like Like x 3
  7. scotteffone

scotteffone New Member

Do you know how much a bit late is? I swear I was only a minute late and I still got a red x. Another station was on time and also had a red x ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

To my experience GWE timings are really unforgiving; half a minute late is often enough to get you a red cross. It seems to me that being early is somewhat better, but don't close the doors too early or else you'll fail the task. Like when it says 'Wait until <something>', actually do wait and only close the doors then. That way I most often get the green tick mark. Yes, even one second early on closing the doors gets me the task failed.
    As far as I know, what counts is the doors opening and closing, not the train stopping or not stopping.
    Accuracy determines how much points you get; Be within 2 meters of the marker to get full points, the farther away you are the less points. I might be wrong, but to my experience one meter inaccuracy results in one point deduction.
    Hope this helps,
    ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 2
  9. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

We had a similar issue on the Xbox One version of the game and that was related to frame issues (which we managed to fix), can any of you confirm that this issue is still present?

- Jay

10. hightower

hightower Guest

Yep.

Last night I did the 60 min drive on the first scenario and all but one stop was exactly on time. The other was 1 minute late. Every stop had a red cross by it at the end.

As an aside, I think there’s now a bug with the stopping marker as since the last update it’s very intermittent, and tends to disappear, particularly after loading a saved game.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

As for the Xbox issue, I think this is actually different. On the Xbox the issue wasn’t that being on time gave a failure, but that it was impossible to actually be on time. Here the issue is that it’s totally possible to be on time but even being on time shows a fail.

12. scotteffone

scotteffone New Member

I guess an offical explanantion of what the icons mean could help from an understanding point of view. Is it to with timing and if so, what are the thresholds? Or is it to do with procedures when you stop like doors opening/closing, buzzer etc or everything combined?

Could the reason for getting an X be indicated next to the failure? Something like "10 seconds late", "10 seconds early", "braking too heavy" etc....

Last edited: May 4, 2018