Ashford Down Sidings To Stpancras (part 1) - Gold Medal Is Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Inkar, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Just finished the service 5J52 Asford Down Sidings to St. Pancras Int'l (Part 1). I did not make any mistake and got only 530 points. The requirement for gold is 1000, so it is impossible to get.

I'm guessing services 5J49, 5J81, and 5J53 (all the Part 1s) will be the same as they are the same service at different hours.

Ashford to StPancras 5J52.jpg

Note: The silver medal for 5J52 (Part 2) is OK. I did a little overspeeding and didn't get gold, but that was my fault. Looking at the point difference it looks to me that a perfect score will award the gold medal.

TrainSim-Matt: It seems that the game engine is having trouble calculating the gold medal points for very short services (I have seen this kind of problem in many routes previously). Might be interesting to send this to the engineering team so they can find a solution that fixes the problem globally (and for future content) instead of manually fixing every single issue that arises.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I've just played the scenario "Javelin Throw" which starts from Ashford Down Sidings, but unlike the session I played in Service mode I was awarded 500 AP for passing through each (2) Train Wash. Just a thought this might be where the attainment level has been set incorrectly? On the subject of Train Wash it's disappointing that the Train Wash button (on main instrument panel of 395 isn't functional). From what I have read this locks the doors and provides Slow Speed Control which is a bit more realistic than flicking from power notch 0 to 1 constantly to try and maintain but not exceed 3 mph on a gradient.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

This was an issue on the short legs of multi-part routes in TSW2 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

There’s a quite a few services I’ve found that make gold impossible (without tricks) on the Class 395

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Same issue with LGV MED on services from Marseille to Depot and vice versa, there’s a “glitch” to get more AP points by driving very slowly and getting gold medal but I’ll try soon if it’s replicable

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

With LGV it 's easiest to just drive forth and back again at the start position a few times, to increase the trip length, triggering an extra 30 points reward.

7. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I played a reverse working of St Pancras International - Ashford Down Sidings (Part 2) and the Gold attainment level is only 500 points. This is of course entirely achievable by passing through the train wash and being awarded 500 points for completing that procedure.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. V0latyle

V0latyle Member

When it seems you've done everything right and aren't getting enough points, remember that you get 30 points for ever 400 meters or so you travel under the speed limit. So, if you don't think you're going to meet the criteria for Gold, you can simply run back and forth a few times between the signal limits. It's stupid IMO, but it works.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. summersy

summersy Active Member

I've had a few services where I've been unable to get gold. I'm no completionist but I was still a bit gutted on tsw 2 when I didn't get gold even more so that the new one is the same.

10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

We can use this as a workaround, but we should not need to do it this way.

• Like Like x 1