Ask A German Loco Driver!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ramagani, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

Hey @ all.

Here i opend a thread for all who have question to a german loco driver.
    If you have any question about german railway, feel free to ask here.

at first present i want to give you a present. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

How do you use AFB?

Do you accelerate up to the set speed then coast (idle throttle) until the next stop, or do you just let the train do everything automatically?

Do you use AFB for braking?

3. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

i use it like an Thempomat. Just braking i dont let to do the AFB because on frighttrain can happend that you get problems with brake System

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

How long does it usually take to learn pzb and other german safety systems? Also, how do you learn the route/stations especially if the distance is long and there are a lot of stations? My last question is do you do the same service pattern for the full day or are there times where they tell you to do a different service, etc?

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Regarding ICE 3 ICE 1 DB BR182 OBB Baureihe 1016/1116 can you operate LZB with out the Afb cruise control or not?

6. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

To learn PZB you do in the time that you learn the rules and also how to drive an brake because PZB every locodriver need. LZB is one week to learn. 4 days for to learn how operate and 1 day on simulator.

the second question!
    In germany you do every day other services. on paxtrains isnt so different between but on fright ist everyday like a lottery.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

Yes. if to use the AFB is the dissicion of the driver. I Use it but i know also driver who dont use because they say that the concentration stays more high. I see AFB like a safty system that take something from me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

I sometimes have problems switching from LZB to PZB with AFB on. I acknowlege LZB Ende, and then switch AFB off and back on. But sometimes I have the feeling that AFB still doesn‘t work 100% when I reach the active PZB area. Especially on Kassel Würzburg, coming into Würzburg Hbf.

What is the real life procedure with AFB when leaving LZB?

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

What do you think is the greatest strength of TSW, and what is the greatest weakness, if we would like to treat this game as a simulation? BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  10. rennekton#1349

What do you like about being a train driver?

• Like Like x 1
  11. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Do you often get tripped up/stopped by PZB? & If you do will it get you in trouble with your boss? What's the procedure if it does happen?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

In Real you put the AFB und Zero when you go out on PZB and put back on the speed you want. I put AFB off before i go out LZB and on when i have Switch to PZB

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

For me it is stable simulation with few problems but at all is a good one. to my trainees i say always the buy it to training for the PZB. At all i can say it is for causal perfect

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

The freeness. everyday im arround Southwest germany. So i see a many. Difficult is the tracks were i drive. Everything is damaged here on so the fun goes because at all i work every day longer than it was planed. What i love is the feeling that i drive so many tons only with one handshake

15. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

In 8 Years i had 4 times stopped about PZB but never i have go over stopped signal. so i never get trouble with my boss. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Duke49th

Duke49th New Member

I will ask in german and english, english first:

How realistic do the trains feel (physics) in TSW regarding the weight?
    And how do you know, after passing a speed sign, when the last waggon passed the sign so that you can actually accelerate?

German:

Wie realistisch findest Du die Physik in TSW bezueglich des Gewichts? Fuehlt es sich realistisch an?
    Woher weisst Du nach dem Passieren des Geschwindigkeitssignal bzw. Schild das der letzte Wagen/Anhaenger passiert hat um zu wissen wann man beschleunigen darf? (Mir hat vorhin jemand gesagt das bei Geschwindigkeitserhoehung der letzte Wagen das Schild passieren muss)

Ich glaub mein Deutsch ist mittlerweile so schlecht geworden wie mein Englisch :D Zu lange im Ausland...

17. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

On some locos (BR101) are the physic are low but at all arent bad. Is a realsitic feeling.

About the speed sign. on the most locos you have a train length meter wich you can activate. if you dont have you know how long you train is and than you take the hectometer sign on the track.

Und dein Deutsch ist gar nicht schlecht ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This one is the Holly Grail for this community. You say, it is not good :| :) I am shocked now, really.

19. chirimu

chirimu New Member

You could at least credit Sven Thater for the Images you added here, he did a great job explaining german railway procedures.
    https://tf-ausbildung.de

• Like Like x 1
  20. rennekton#1349

I would assume it is difficult to make the physics feel like or close to the real thing. Simugraph can only do soo much lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am shocked that '101' is the worst (physics) not that it is only the game ;)

22. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Mh, I am Reading his comment slightly different to you?! Maybe lost in translation somehow?! Physics are low, but not bad overall. Also the feel seems to be very realistic. Two positives against one negative. I am taking the positive approach :D

Also, I don’t want to make it too academic. But for sure, the 101 has gotten the most love from at least two different very talented developers. This certainly must be the loco which has the most values as close to real world data of all of them. Just look at what cwf wrote in the last update notes. I for sure have not seen any TSW loco with so much details published as the TSW 101. For me that is the physics part. If a driver then says it feels fairly realistic, that’s enough for me…

• Like Like x 2
  23. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

Yes :) Is from there. Is a really good website to learn more about German Railway

24. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

I think you have understand me right. The BR 101 have the only Problem Sling in Really doesent do it so much. But this are just little things

• Like Like x 2
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I love TSW '101'. Just wondering :)

26. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Do you mean that the BR101 is less realistic than other locomotives? If so: in what way? :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

No, it was a misunderstanding. It is the most realistic one, only thing is the wheel slip, which seems less in reality (I think this statement is true for all German locos in TSW).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Duke49th

Duke49th New Member

Danke.
    Btw ich bin Deutscher. Ich lebe nur schon so lange im Ausland, das ich wenn ich muede bin, merke das ich nicht mehr oft Deutsch schreibe/spreche :D
    (I'm German. I just live too long abroad so that especially when I am tired I realize that I don't often speak/write German anymore )

I assume we don't have that train length meter in TSW3? I mean as an active indicator?
    The idea with the hectometer is good. Never thought about this. :)

29. rennekton#1349

For the 182, you can double tap the throttle rapidly and then when the rear of your train passes, you get a beep.

30. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Strange, my page didn’t update so I missed all the replies making my question redundant :D

Regarding wheeslip: I updated the adhesion based on chirimu input so it has less wheelslip than before, but there are some quirks:

1. Supercreep gives a wheelslip indication in TSW so even if the locomotive isn’t slipping badly (and just using supercreep) the HUD will give the same indication as slip.

2. The default adhesion curve (vs speed) is probably not that accurate but data regarding this is basically non-existent so it’s hard to get a realistic behaviour. The default curve decays quite rapidly after 30 km/h or so and then stays at around 70% if zero speed adhesion which means that you can be at “non-slip” but accelerate into a slip, even with constant tractive effort.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

I Love it also. Ist just this ohne thing what arent right

See a head :)

On few locos we have train length meter.

You know the technical parameters better than me. for real locos ist properbly. With 185 in Real life in Snow i can Take 320 Kn with an train 1800t without sliping.

• Like Like x 2