Assuming There Will Be A Ts2019 Out Later This Year...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coppo, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Could DTG please give some thought to redesigning the menu screens. I have quite a few routes now, and scrolling down allthe sceanrios to get to the route/ scenario I want to play is not as much fun as it used to be.
    Could DTG, if possible, do two things:
    1) just allow the route names to appear, and then produce the scenarios after clicking on the route (you could also and a "score" of the number of scenarios vailable C.F the number played.
    2) put a geographical grouping in place - e.g. by country (all USA routes under USA, UK under UK, etc.) or larger territory (e.g. North America, EU)
    ...and, could DTG explain the purpose of the very large "Installing Workshop items" box that appears, right over the menu, that has an OK button that does nothing... this could just be replaced with a small message box above the menu, for all the value that it brings...

Aplogies for the rant, had "fun" going back and forth with the menu today for a scenario that I had saved...
    John

• Like Like x 4
  2. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

I agree with you - remodeling of the menu would be a nice update.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

You know you can filter by route and train in the scenario list, right?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Tried that - crashed the game... and still doesn't deliver a grouping by geographical region... Admitedly it is not helped when there are also routes that start with "The"; which reminds me of a comical book index I saw once, with everything being under "T", as in The first chapter, etc..

5. hightower

hightower Guest

You know you can rename your routes right?

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can filter by route, or by train and the search function works on the Scenario Name and Train Name fields (as hightower says you can change scenario names)
    Sorting by the various tabs only works within routes

Personally I don't own any routes from other countries (and you can uninstall them as well and redownload as necessary)

But I guess the home screens could be more intuitive