Australian Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blazinlet#6971, Sep 13, 2021.

1. blazinlet#6971

blazinlet#6971 Member

As an Aussie myself, I would love to see some Australian DLC in train simulator, because there is absolutely none! There are so many beautiful Australian railways and locomotives, especially the steam locomotives. I would definitely buy an Australian DLC if one was released on the store!

• Like Like x 4
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Trainz seems to be the only company that does Australian trains because they an Australian company.
    It might be down to License requirements which would be required before any work would be done.

Peter

3. blazinlet#6971

blazinlet#6971 Member

I may be wrong since I am unfimiliar with legal requirements and things like that but surely that may not be a case after all, multiple locomotives in the game have the branding of multiple railway companies, even ones from New Zealand, Africa etc. And there are multiple Australian companies like it would be unbelievable if they cant use any companies in a train simulation game. And when there has been legal disputes, for example the issue with Arriva Trains Wales, they re-released the route but this time the Class 175 still had the livery of Arriva but without their actual company logo, same has been done for BNSF. Couldn't this be done for Australian companies too if there are legal disputes?

• Like Like x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If DTG were to release DLC for an Australian route that did not have any logos I don't think it would be received very well.
    There are people on this forum who won't buy the no logo BNSF items for one reason or another.

5. blazinlet#6971

blazinlet#6971 Member

I guess you're right, personally I would think it's better than nothing but it would certainly be displeasing to a lot of people

6. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

I would also like to see Australian DLC and while it could be possible, that purely depends on who would develop it. Until recently there was no NZ DLC, so it can happen. Australia has many diverse railways and some rather interesting liveries along with a variety of gauges. While in the current TS202x series, I do have a love for North American railways (which evolved from this game), I still have an affection for South African content (which is closest in gauge & railway stock to my home state, Queensland).
    Something that may come along in the future...

• Like Like x 1
  7. pogboyw21

pogboyw21 New Member

I am also an Australian and am disappointed with Dovetail games for not releasing any Australian DLC, I have always wanted the Puffing Billy Railway in Train Simulator and/or Train Sim. I think it’s a great idea to have Australian DLC with the British, American and German that dominate Train Simulator and Train Sim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

we will find australia bore

9. pogboyw21

pogboyw21 New Member

Out of all the Australian routes, maybe bring a heritage railway or a metropolitan railway to the game. All the states have unique trains that could be brought into the virtual world.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

There is so many heritage lines in Australia, my fav being the Mary Valley Rattler. In TS20xx, I am more focused on freight trains. This has certainly become stronger since I got heavily into North American routes. My favourite would be any QR-era freight or more recent Aurizon/PN. But in light of my earlier post, any Australian freight and/or passenger would be a bonus.

https://www.maryvalleyrattler.com.au/

• Like Like x 1
  11. pogboyw21

pogboyw21 New Member

If a favourite railway from each state was added to Train Simulator, It would be so good for Australians who have been asking for so long see something in Train Sim from their own state.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Good idea, an Australian Ore route. Good stuff!

13. blazinlet#6971

blazinlet#6971 Member

Exactly! I live in Queensland and I would love to see something like a short mountain route like the Kuranda Railway or even a small chunk of the Spirit of Queensland route that goes between Cairns and Brisbane, maybe for example Cairns to Townsville or Cairns to Ipswich. Or maybe even the freight route that goes along that same line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

I would even be open to CQ's coal network, (a section of as a route) would be so nice. WA's iron ore also would be a nice touch.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Given the length, I think you'd have to focus entirely on one end of the system - Abbot/Hay Point, North Goonyella-Coppabella, or Gregory-Blackwater. That way you'd actually have something to do, but it wouldn't necessarily have much in the way of variety.

One of the reasons why I proposed the Hunter Valley line for TSW2 is because within the scale of a current TSW route (or not much longer) you can have local passenger, regional/interstate express, coal mine loading AND port unloading.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Pilbara iron ore is automated trains isn't it?

17. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Rio Tinto's trains are (Hammersley & Robe), I'm not sure about FMG(Fortescue)/Hancock (Roy Hill)/BHP (Mt Newman)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

Some of it is now, but i wasn't for many years.

19. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

Yes of course, I wasn't talking about the entire route, nearly all TS routes are sections of one type or another, a few hundred kilometres would be too much.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Sydney needs representation. It would be nice to travel through the main city. I also documented a route to Melbourne once, but at over 1,100 km, it's unrealistic to make such a suggestion for the simulator (both from a time perspective and from the ability to run as a single route). However, a route with Sydney as an endpoint and some minor branching for scenario creation purposes would be nice to have.