Austrian Suggestion - Unterinntalbahn: Innsbruck - Kufstein /w Railjet And Tyrol S-bahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, Apr 16, 2021.

?
  1. Of course!

30 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Only if it was on sale.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. I would not buy it.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Key Information:

Route length: 75.13 kilometres (46.68 miles)
    Stations: 21
    Rolling Stock:
    • ÖBB 1116 with Railjet and Intercity coaches
    • Tyrol S Bahn ÖBB 4024
    Timing:
    • Railjet + Intercity: 40 minutes
    • S Bahn: 1 hour 15 minutes
    Stations:
    • Railjet + Intercity: Innsbruck Hbf - Jenbach - Wörgl Hbf - Kufstein
    • S Bahn: All Stations
    Route: (Thick Red Line and Thick Dotted Orange Line)
    F20018BF-FC0C-474F-A428-88FD682BE99F.png

Introduction:
    The route between Innsbruck and Kufstein is part of the Westbahn (Vienna - Bregenz line) and is a very busy corridor connecting passenger lines from eastern Austria and Bavaria into the Austrian Alps and Northern Italy. Unterinntalbahn means Lower Inn Valley Railway - in other words, the line goes through the beautiful and picturesque Inn Valley. Passenger services are Railjet, Intercity and S Bahn services, however, at night, there are rare Nightjet services. You can choose between speeding through the lush scenery at 220 km/h or to drive the demanding commuter S Bahn train at 160 km/h.

The Route:
    The route starts in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, one of the main cities in western Austria. Sandwiched in the north and the south with beautiful Alpine mountains, the line advances into the east of the city, past picturesque countrysides and aligns with the Inn river, making this route incredibly scenic. At small sections where there are tight curves, the high speed line separates from the S Bahn line. After this, the line meets Wörgl Hbf, a busy junction. Finally, the high speed and S Bahn move side by side until it reaches Kufstein, the last station.
    The S Bahn services would be the S4 and S5. The S4 would make up the entire route between Innsbruck and Kufstein while the S5 would stop its tracks at Jenbach. These services are held every 30-60 minutes.

[​IMG]
    Rolling Stock:
    To clear out the elephant in the room, the highly anticipated and loved 1116 would be included in this route - handling Intercity, Railjet and Nightjet services!
    Intercity:
    [​IMG]

Railjet:
    [​IMG]

Nightjet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last rolling stock will be the Tyrol S Bahn ÖBB 4024 (Talent), a very nice train if I say so myself:
    [​IMG]

Final Notes and Conclusion:
    The route between Innsbruck and Kufstein would offer a variety in passenger services and has amazing views which are sure to leave you breathless. I feel like this route should definitely be modelled as it’d be the first Austrian route, has the highly anticipated railjet, is scenic, and overall an enjoyable route in my opinion. This is the first time suggesting an Austrian route so please tell me if I made a mistake so I can correct myself.
    As always, thank you so much for reading! :D

• Like Like x 21
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The ÖBB1116 can be made for this route by Reskinning the MRCE BR182 Hamburg-Lübeck into ÖBB Red paint. Wörgl Innsbruck has Rola trains these are Lorries loaded on the train headed to towards Italy locomotive For them is the newer ÖBB1293 Vectron locomotive. To prevent another Arosa Line disaster made by Rivet games this can be made by another 3rd party development team that made the route for train sim 21. Slovenian RSSLO for this route because this is actually part of the train Sim 21 Brenner Bahn Brenner to Kufenstein 93 miles 150 km. Bonus for this route is that the ÖBB1116 can be played on SKA & HMA as the Brussels to Innsbruck sleeper train since it will divide in München Hbf for Vienna and Innsbruck

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  3. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yeah, you could reskin the 182 - that’d work. It’d also be a simpler task for DTG if that was the case. There ARE nightjet services to Brussels but those are very recent so I’m unsure if it matches with the era of SKA - but could still happen yknow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd love to finally see an Austrian Route in TSW. As we already have the Taurus, PZB/LZB and (soon) Eurofima Coaches, this doesn't seem very unlikely to be made for TSW!

5. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yeah, TSW is expanding into new countries and Austria is very demanding so we could see an Austrian route

6. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion for an Austrian route, including Railjet and Nightjet.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  7. driverwoods#1787

Good point and for HMA it's going to be the Railjet painted OBB 1116 there's one the 20:43 Munich 21:13 Augsburg. If you play that railjet on HMA you're racing the RE57066 towards Augsburg Final destination is Ulm. At some point, the Railjet overtakes the DB BR146.2/DB BR143 where it's due 21:26 but the Railjet gets there at 21:15. You have the choice of pulling up next to it and then taking over the Ulm bound DB BR146.2/DB BR143 or the DB BR112 provided Hamburg Lubeck is installed. To make it a challenging run have the railjet race a DB BR182 & MRCE 182, DB BR185 Red Raillion & MRCE 185.5 freight train service DB 85865 20:59 Rbf Laim 21:32 Augsburg. These are dependent on the layers installed and provide service to HMA RRO RSN for MRCE 185.5 DB BR185 & DB BR143 Red while Main Spessart Bahn has DB BR185 Rallion (new version SFS Hannover Wurzburg) & DB BR146.2 Hanseatic League Main Line Hamburg-Lubeck DB BR112 & MRCE 182. The Final layer is the proposed Innsbruck Kufstein to get the OBB1116 Railjet for this HMA Challenge Run to Work.
    To make this even better Innsbruck Kufstein OBB Baureihe 1116 Railjet then the SFS Hannover Kassel Wurzburg 185.2 that way there is LZB fest from Rbf Munchen Laim to Augsburg Gbf. If you purposely to get the Freight (182 / MRCE BR182 left) behind the Railjet under

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yes, there are a few railjets on HMA - mainly to Frankfurt so those could be layered in. That HMA run you mentioned could definitely be fun

9. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you about HMA OBB layer. Back to Innsbruck Kufstein one of the DLC locomotives could be the OBB 1293 a Siemens Vectron 4 voltage locomotive here it is pulling a ROLA train

Shunter can be OBB 1063 or OBB 1163

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The route looks cool, not a fan of the suggested rolling stock though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Ah I see, Vectrons operate on the route? Definitely makes things more interesting

12. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Looks like you beat me to suggesting this route. Austria has both beautiful landscape and amazing trains and I'd love to see it in TSW. This line especially has a very diverse mix of traffic as it's the mainline between Bavaria and Italy. Not to mention the Taurus locomotives are among my favourites and the german 182 already seems popular.

I'd also love to see the Tauernbahn

• Like Like x 2
  13. driverwoods#1787

I agree and for Dovetail games they'll simply reskin the Hamburg-Lübeck MRCE BR182 into ÖBB 1116 & 1016. The Railjet here can be layered onto HMA as 20:43 München Hbf 21:13 Augsburg to which it's racing an Ulm Bound regional and Freight Train

• Like Like x 2
  14. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Haha, well at least we can both agree this route is a good one. I’m also a fan of the Taurenbahn

15. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

you would have to do a Taurus-like control car tho :) completely with LZB and all :)

anyways, this route is like... shut up and take my money :) any excuse for a RailJet, I am in :) and if you also throw in some CityJet Desiro MLs, then man, I am paying even more lol

16. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

The second a railjet gets released, my money has already left my bank account.

• Like Like x 1
  17. razmatus#2517

and in various lengths/consists, from short almost IC services, to like 11 or so lengths with both loco and control cab... to consists that have 2 or even 3 Tauruses and possibly multiple control cabs - those are usually meant for international services or to the Vienna Airport and such :)

and recently they started deploying new NightJets with Vectrons (that have matching Vectron control car and some are even double decked - the sleeping cars look double-decked)

maaan :D

18. razmatus#2517

also we definitely need Ebula in German and Austrian locos sometime in the future :)