Autumn Patch Bug: In Fullscreen On 21:9 Screens The Visual And Detected Cursor Position Is Different

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Martin Winkelmann, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Martin Winkelmann

Martin Winkelmann Member

Video: https://streamable.com/1yeuz

This is a common bug in a couple games I have encountered but it was usually fixed pretty quickly.

The best way to explain it is this:

Something in the code for the mouse controls changed and now the game creates a 16:9 "mouse pad" which usually overlays with the standard 16:9 screens, however, when a wider (or taller) screen is used, instead of adjusting the "mouse pad" and adding more pixels, it just gets stretched. This means that if you were to record the screen without the cursor and narrow it back down to 16:9, text and graphics would be narrow but the mouse position would be accurate.

I suspect this is related to something in the rendering code because you actually can't record it with shadowplay (this is why I used a camera to record the screen), the mouse position looks like it's correct in the recording.

(It 100% wasn't an issue before the patch/last time I played TSW, it also doesn't appear in the windowed/borderless modes)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018