Autumn Sale Time 2020 In The Dtg Shop.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ex-railwayman, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Sale time again now on in the DTG shop, you have to obtain your stuff through Steam with a key, as normal, so, there's no refunds, choose wisely. :D

https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/sale

Cheerz. Steve.

• Like Like x 5
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve, though I just blew this months gaming allowance on Planet Coaster! (After paying full price for RSN and the 363 :( ).

Re the DTG items, guess if you wait a little longer we will get the main Steam Thanksgiving and Xmas sales which will come with the consumer protection.

3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Thanks. I missed North London/GOBLIN for TS 2021 in the Steam sale by one day. It is even cheaper in this sale.

4. I see there is a special offer for the Baby Bullet, which I'd really like to have, but it's only available for TSW2020. Any idea why? I believe the Baby Bullet has long since been released within the Preserved Collection, it's actually available for TSW2 on Steam, but not in Dovetail store. Does anyone know a reason?

Also: if I buy it for TSW2020 on Dovetail Store, will I be able to get it for TSW2 on Steam as well? I know that preserved collection worked so, that all my TSW addons were becoming available in TSW2 as soon as they got released as Preserved Collection, but what I do not know is whether this will work afterwards as well, i.e. when I buy a TSW2020 version only after the TSW2 version has already been released. The FAQ does not seem terribly clear on such an option.

5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

If you own TSW2020, then if you buy any TSW2020 DLC you will also automatically receive the TSW2 Preserved Collection equivalent.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Thank you!

BTW I noticed it's not only the Baby Bullet, it's all three Peninsula Corridor addons (i.e. route, the Baby Bullet and the switcher) which are missing from the Dovetail store.

7. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Hmmm, not according to DTG, The NEC New York route, the CSX GP40-2 and the Amtrak SW1000R won't be part of the Preserved Collection, if you own them in the original TSW.

Cheerz. Steve.

8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Well, I bought few things yesterday, still did not received my steam keys. I've contacted the support, hopefully this will be resolved soon, because it is not a good experience for an developer owned store.

Edit: Resolved, just as I'm finishing at work... good timing DTG :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  9. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The TSW2 Preserved Collection equivalent to NEC, SW1000R, and GP40-2 is simply non-existent!