Avanti West Coast [london Euston - Manchester & Birmingham

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ow3n R0chfo4d, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Ow3n R0chfo4d

Ow3n R0chfo4d New Member

This route would be over 100 miles in length would start at London Euston travelling up the west coast main line past the bakerloo line towards Harrow & Wealdstone, Watford Junction, Hemel Hampstead and Milton Keynes. At Rugby the line diverges to Birmingham with services stopping at Birmingham International airport this line also only stops at Northampton too. The main line then wizzes past Stoke-On-Trent and Stockport before entering a modern Manchester Piccadilly Station.

This would be a very long route but with high speed will make it enjoyable, many services can be played with a mix of both non stop and all stopping station, plus if you have east coastway it would create a layer for southern services from Wembley Central to Watford Junction which stop at various stations along the way. The train stock used would be the class 390 pendolino services, class 66 will also be included for various freight operations. I hope this route is taken into consideration.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jdonaldson56

jdonaldson56 Member

I would absolutely love it if DTG did this! The WCML is the route that I would like to see the most!

3. its on Train Simulator and would can say now that the new bakerloo timetable has added traffic onto the WCML part its a big easter egg and can say i think dovetail are in the works for the WCML from london Euston to Birmingham main station its 180 plus km's long and would become the best route in TSW history for me its a must there is also alot of people i know the British ace one of them that would also like to see the ECML so its between the 2

• Like Like x 2
  4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Anything outside the southeast is acceptable but I would prefer to see the ECML or see the WCML but set in an era with the various class 8x electrics bombing up and down the line.
    Also though we are seeing longer routes 183 miles is very ambitious especially when you consider the amount of stock needed to make it feel somewhat alive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

112 mi London Euston to Birmingham New Street and 81mi 65ch Birmingham new street to Manchester London road station (Manchester Piccadilly railway station). Way to do this is two routes London Euston to Birmingham New Street then Manchester Stafford and Birmingham New Street with the two merged

• Like Like x 2
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I like the idea of this

7. klachm4321

klachm4321 New Member

-
    "plus if you have east Coastway"... Correction: East Coastway add on still uses old sounds, would be better if the layer was from the Brighton Mainline... and Plus the Services to Watford Junction come from Clapham Junction and East Croydon which is the Brighton Mainline