B&o Mountain Sundivision Locos

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by joerg.kuenscher, Apr 8, 2022.

1. joerg.kuenscher

joerg.kuenscher Well-Known Member

Hello all. I have a question about the B&O Mountain Subdivision Route rolling stock. Can anyone tell me where I can change the settings of the lights Locos SD35 and sw9? Example see screen.

upload_2022-4-8_13-32-43.jpeg

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

What do you want to change? It depends. There's two types.

1. Non-casting lights (for example number lights) are simply a texture defined in the GeoPcDx - you must edit the according TgPcDx.
    2. Beam casting lights which actually light the environment - they are defined in the <engine name>.bin and are visible once you enter World Editor.

Most of the time it is a combination - as the light source itself is not visible, a texture is applied too.

If you want to change the headlight beam for example, locate the section in the loco's bin. It tells you which light object is used. Locate this (mostly in RailVehicles\<Type>\<Name>\Lights) and you can edit the type (spot or point light), RGB colour, phi and theta (cone), radius and if it casts shadows or not. Personally I disable the shadow casting for the Cab light, because unless it's a plain light bulb the light should be diffuse and softer.
    In the loco's bin itself you can adjust the rotation, translation and scale of the light object in a 4x4 matrix. I'm using an Excel sheet which converts the angular values needed.

I am not a texture artist, so in case of the light texture (flare) itself, this is not something I've done yet.

Hope this is of a little help for you Jörg. Not sure what you want to change in B&O.

2022-04-10 16_53_44-Train Simulator (x64).png

Old as the Kuju V90 is, the lights were done fine here. The spotlight beam points down, and the lamps emit a little glow (see the point light sources placed around them?)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2022
  3. joerg.kuenscher

joerg.kuenscher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanations torfmeister , I would like to minimise or switch off the lens flare effect. I have done this several times with other locomotives, but unfortunately the SW9 folder does not have a lights folder. With the SD35, the Lights folder and files are available, but unfortunately there are no settings for the lens flares in the files.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If the loco has Lens Flares built in then you cannot change it.
    You can switch Lens Flares off in TS22/Settings - the light effect from the driven loco is visible from the Player Cab
    But other trains appear to have no lights on.

Two OBB 1144 locos
    On the left is the Skyhook with it's lights switched on - the RWA loco on the right also has it's lights on.
    The Skyhook has Lens Flares - a stupid design means it is spoilt for those players who don't use Lens Flares
    Screenshot_Koeblitzer Mountain Route v.3 reloaded_49.75645-6.65197_12-02-03.jpg

Peter

• Like Like x 1