PC Bakerloo: Kilburn Park Platform Directions Wrong

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Richard Kast, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

Both the northbound and southbound platforms at Kilburn Park have the wrong direction maps displayed. Also the signs in the hall are pointing to the wrong platforms. The passenger information screens are displaying correctly on the platforms.
    20200822174731_1.jpg 20200822174841_1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

I just saw today that it was perfect. The PIS was showing the end station which it was showing on the platform walls for example the platform walls have Elephant and Castle and the PIS was Elephant and Castle. However, for example, the platform where the PIS shows Elephant and Castle the train arrives on the opposite platform instead. It is just some brief swapping where all the Northbound signs and PIS have been swapped to Southbound platform and the Southbound signs and PIS to the Northbound platform.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  3. richy

richy New Member

This still appears to be an issue!

The northbound platform is showing the southbound route map, and the PIS screen on the platform shows trains to Elephant.

The southbound platform is showing the northbound route maps, and the PIS screen on the platform shows trains to Queens Park and beyond.

I wonder if the OP raised a ticket for this???

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  4. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

I didn't log a ticket.

Just taken a look at Kilburn Park. The PIS was the one thing that was correct, and DTG have swapped them to match the incorrect direction on the platforms.

I think that DTG may have the central concourse the wrong way round. I found a picture of the clock and in that picture, the Northbound platform is to the left and Southbound to the right. DTG also have north to the left and south to the right of the clock, this make me think that the central concourse should be rotated 180 degrees, and this would be why they then have north and south completely mixed up.

5. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

I have now raised a ticket with DTG.

6. richy

richy New Member

Good stuff!

It seemed odd that what I saw, is different to what you originally saw. Like you said, they do appear to have changed something and not for the better!