Bakerloo Line Ai For The National Rail Lines

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bmf165, Mar 25, 2022.

1. bmf165

bmf165 New Member

Having played several of the TSW2 Bakerloo Line Scenarios, I could not help to notice the lack of AI trains (Overground Services between Queen's Park/Harrow & Wealdstone, also no AI trains on the WCML)
    I think these additions would make for a more immersive experience.

Are there any plans to include these in the near future ?

• Like Like x 3
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The usual answer would be "if it's not on the roadmap..."
    Ie DTG haven't said they're making anything that would fit this purpose so safest to assume it's NOT planned or in the works.

Feel free to make suitable suggestions in the suggestions area, but I would suggest rather than saying "make this for the Bakerloo" I would say "Here's an overground route with an overground train AND it can layer onto Bakerloo"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Do we have anything that could be put there without creating an extra model or livery? Because that is probably the only way this could be done by Pres-Crew.

4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

you have roughly one 377 an hour in each direction until may but we only have a /4 and a "/1", not the /2 or /7 required. I guess 66s could run freight?

• Like Like x 3
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You could use a reskinned 313 to represent the Watford DC lines but they will only add to the traffic on the existing section over which the LT trains run.

Also are the WCML main lines actually active tracks or just laid as scenic items, if the latter the whole route would need to be remade which DTG are unlikely to do?

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

In all honesty I wouldn’t bet on anything being done with the Bakerloo Line regarding the WCML AI traffic.

It was silly of DTG to choose this route as the WCML runs alongside it for a considerable distance. It just doesn’t feel right or realistic to have an empty WCML adjacent when driving on the BKL.

• Like Like x 10
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. They could have done the Northern Line which has little or no parallel running with main line rail and had a far more interesting route into the bargain!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well after seeing the 5-year stream I think subway routes will be very rare in general. There has been a lot of agreement about them being a lot more difficult than expected.

9. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Out of all of the Tube Lines, the Bakerloo is probably the worst one they could have done, though we should be grateful they didn't give us the Waterloo and City Line. I think the Circle, Piccadilly, or Metropolitan would have been a better choice

• Like Like x 3
  10. Taschi

Taschi New Member

I've made exactly the same observation on the day the Bakerloo Line released, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely for them to do anything about this at this point.

11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If they had modeled a section of one of the cut and cover or surface lines or even included a significant portion of above ground trackage, I might still be playing it.
    Driving miles under ground past a dozen or more virtually identical subway stations becomes tedious in a hurry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I think the answer to this one is a quite certain no, for the easy reason that the tracks are not modeled as tracks but as scenery, hence no trains can run there and it would be a massive undertake to lay the track properly there, so it won't happen unfortunately.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

The Tracks are real und useable, but i think even if there would be an overground /WCML Route someday, layering is highly unlikely, due to DTGs nonexistent history of layering newer stock on older routes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Didn't West Somerset come out before NTP and TVL and their associated loco add-ons?

• Like Like x 1
  15. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

It's a post apocalyptic setting. 2/3 of humanity has been wiped out. London only has enough workers for the Tube services.
    Easy when you place yourself inside the deranged minds of DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Bakerloo is clearly set on a Easter Sunday and the WCML is closed for track work with rail replacement bus services.
    The Bakerloo line is it self running a reduced service due to industrial action.

As I said just a normal Sunday occurrence on UK rail networks

• Like Like x 7
  17. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Yes, I was trying to get 'up north' over Easter, but the WCML is more or less shut (in various places) over the weekend. We used to look forward to trainspotting on bank holidays, as there'd be plenty of 'foreign' specials running to seaside resorts etc. Now there are no trains at all :(.

• Like Like x 3
  18. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

They can even give us what we paid for, let alone extra

• Like Like x 2
  19. musicalaviator

musicalaviator New Member

You can't see the tracks on the map, but in TSW4 you can spawn trains on them.