PC Bakerloo Line - Disabled Cab Door

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by danman425, Sep 2, 2020.

1. danman425

danman425 New Member

I noticed that the exterior cab door on the Bakerloo Line is marked as “disabled” I found this unusual. Is this a limited feature in the game or actually how it is in real life? Is there a way to open it in the game?

2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This was solely down to the decision of DTG disabling the front cab door in an attempt to stop players entering the tunnel. Quite a controversial choice within the community.

In real life staff use it to set up their trains. They do not enter via the passenger door as it instructs you to in game.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. danman425

danman425 New Member

Thank you both! Big help.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

TFL could have told them to do that.

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

TfL had no involvement in this. It was solely down to DTG not wanting the front door in use, as they didn’t want players walking through tunnels.

A pretty daft decision as you can just drive another train on the route and open the front door (if it has one) and jump into the tunnels.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I heard TFL is pretty strict about that stuff. Even Alan Thompson thought it was due to TFL.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I heard the same thing on a couple of streams. No big deal.

I did run into an issue where I got to the end of the run, the scenario told me to go past the station, then shut down and go to the other end to set up and run in the other direction... but the passengers were still on board and two of them blocked my access to the drivers cab. No to mention, some blocked my progression through the train and I had to jump out and run to the first cab. lol

Like I said, it is not big deal that the front door cannot be opened, but when I think about it, it sure would be nice. Just makes sense that we could operate all doors on the train.

I saw a stream where the guy ran off the platform and got "hit" by the train... he ended up inside the drivers cab and could not get out or up to take control. LOL

9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I can understand why they wouldn't want players going through the tunnels in game...i mean, its only going to end up in disaster anyways.

What I dont understand is why they couldn't leave the door disabled while in certain sections for the route, but allow them to be enabled in other sections? That way its accessible at the depots, but locked while in the tunnels?

• Like Like x 5
  10. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I was able to get out of the train in the tunnel and even walk in it. I took picture of it but unfortunately I can not upload it here, it was a real fun though

11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

It’s only fun when you hear following footsteps that stop when you stop...........

• Like Like x 4
  12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Best comment thus far. I love the lights going off when going over points but the train needs better performance going up hill in Parallel. Unless I’m doing it wrong lol

13. hdcoder

hdcoder New Member

Thanks for the mod. I have this installed in the ~mods folder, but I'm still getting "door disabled" - is there something else I have to do in TSW 2 to get mods working?

I installed this like TSW mods by creating a ~mods folder, cut/paste the TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor.pak in, and then put the TS2Prototype-Door - Will 747.pak in the same folder.

14. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You don't need to do any of that, just drop it in the DLC folder.

15. hdcoder

hdcoder New Member

Works like a charm. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  16. kaiyt#8273

kaiyt#8273 New Member

Couldn't they just disable it when you're about to enter the tunnel at queens park

17. kaiyt#8273

kaiyt#8273 New Member

I know I'm saying this 2 years too late, but i got this game recently, and sadly found out ab it a yr ago, e

18. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Here is an updated link to the mod, version 1.4 now also supports the silver 1972 Tube Stock from the New Journeys DLC.