1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakerloo Line (driver Change Over)

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Ian1991, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, just a random question.

I like to try to copy the real life ways of a line so can anybody tell me what is the main change-over points for drivers on the bakerloo line besides running out of depots?

Thanks

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I don’t know for certain but I imagine the only place Bakerloo line train operators would get a PNB (and thus get relieved by another operator) would be at Queens Park. The only other place I could think of is Elephant and Castle but I don’t know if there are PNB facilities there.
    With Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone terminators, I am pretty sure the operator would bring it back to Queens Park before getting relieved. Or vice versa- the new operator could take over from Queens Park heading Northbound.

A full run from Elephant Castle to Harrow is comfortably under an hour so there is no reason why they could not do approx 2 return trips and make it back to Queens Park for a PNB as this is where the train operator depot for the Bakerloo line is (and thus there would be PNB facilities here). After the PNB (which would be about 40-60 mins), do another 2 return trips.

PNB = Personal Needs Break

I can hazard a guess at what a typical operator’s diagram would look like:

Driver 1: Queens Park - Elephant and Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant and Castle - Queens Park (gets relieved by Driver 2) *PNB* Repeat

Driver 2: Queens Park (relieves Driver 1) - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant & Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant & Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Queens Park (gets relieved by another driver) *PNB* Repeat

The above is only an educated guess- but if they are anything like the mainline/national rail, they should be a good guide.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Ian1991

Thankyou for the time and explanation, will give that a go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Member

Hi,
    Also they used to take their meal relief/break at Baker St due to the TFL staff canteen being located there.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ian1991

thanks for the comments mike, will be taking mine from their now on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

They can also get a PNB at Willesden Junction as they have a huge TFL mess room at the High Level part of the station.

Terminating services at Stonebridge Park go forward to the depot there, which I also believe has mess room facilities on site.
    You also see a fair few trains in the reverse back at H&W with no driver onboard, which would also indicate that there is some PNB time there as well.

• Like Like x 1