Bakerloo Line First Impressions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by olikas.g, Aug 20, 2020.

1. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I bought the delux edition as I fidn’t have ECW before. The discount applied wothout issues. I have an XBox One S. The game stryed without issues, the load time was better than TSW2020

I tried the Bakerloo line first. The tutorial worked well. The timing of the voiceover is a bit slow that tricked me a couple of times as I fet stuck, but a bit of patience solved the issues. I paused the tutorial while it introduced the HUD and it didn’t resume. I restarted it and finished without issues. I fell on the track in the tube and was happy to realise that I was able to climb out without issues by facing the platform and using the Y button.

I played the first journey twice. First I stopped and wondered around at stations. The stations are very well modelled, it Feels like the real thing. I had a small number of passengers walking around and boarding the train, it wasn’t as deserted as the PS version on the stream. It wasn’t crowded, but I like it this way. Accessing the screens is easy just need to balance a bit at the edge of the platform.

I tried the scenario planner to create a “Grip it and Rip it” scenario from Elephant and Castle to Harrow. I set up with max acceleration and get the up to 53 mph in the tunnel and 63mph on the surface, only a very small amount of stutter but nothing too bad. This run was so much fun.

I’m bery happy with the game so far. Being on time on the tube is borderline impossible, we reflect reality in my experience. But ot will be fun trying to improve my accuracy.