PlayStation Bakerloo Line - No Power At North Turnback

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Factor41, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Sooo, I finally made the leap and bought TSW2 in the double-discount sale and while it's great to finally play in 4K, it's just like the good old days of 2020 and earlier - I've had simple tutorials which can't be completed, I've had graphical glitches and invisible obstructions, and now I've got as far as the third step in the Bakerloo journey before it's completely broken!

Firstly, I was driving along quite happily on the "A Round Haul" scenario, keeping good time and I'd made it all the way up to the North Turnback, my 10th stop of the route. The instructions tell me to set the brakes to Shutdown, direction selector to OFF and then Control Switch to OFF - BUT THERE'S NO CONTROL SWITCH. The handle isn't even in. If I click it, it flickers on screen then disappears. I can't go any further, so I quit out. Luckily, I'd saved just before Harrow & Wealdstone, so I reload and check the switch - still not there. No lever in, nothing to move.

I restarted TSW2 and reloaded the game, and checked - this time the lever's there. Power works, everything fine. I do the last stop at Harrow & Wealstone again, then move up to North Turnaround. Follow the procedure, no problem, get to the other end of the cab, all doors closed all windows closed, procedure followed to the letter - "Apply power to get moving"... NOTHING. Check everything, still no solution.

I restarted TSW2 again and reloaded the game, get myself up towards the turnaround, keep testing the power, all working fine, then stopped a little short of the marker. It didn't move to the next step so I thought I must be too far away, throttle on... NOTHING. The box around the power indicator is white, literally nothing has changed, but no power, no response.

There's plenty of power rail, and I've tried the same thing a couple of times in different positions, but once I stop, there's no way to get going again. I'm sure people will blame the save game, and maybe, if I sit through the whole route all over again (and check earlier that I have a Control Switch), it MIGHT work the next time, but, it might not and probably won't. I had high hopes for new game, new routes, but it's looking like the same old shambles I stopped playing before. Is it worth me persisting with Bakerloo or is it so terminally glitched, I'm just going to end up wasting time again and again?

2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It is possible to play Bakerloo Line on PS4/PC and never ever encounter the issue that you are describing - this is my personal experience. It has all been absolutely fine for me (PS4 Pro & PC).

But for some people, the 72 Stock can get get bugged when the BP indicator drops below 4.9 and then stays below 4.9, because of the (completely natural and perfectly reasonable) way they manipulate the brake/power controller. For some people it is almost impossible to ever complete a service on BKL - this is because the compressor is meant to switch on when the BP hits 4.9, but doesn't (for them).

So - to diagnose your issue (to check if it is the same bug) - can you advise what the BP is reading, when you completely lose the ability to move the train?

Oh - and.... welcome back.... ;-)

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't see any irony tags XD

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Actually - I was being serious. There are thousands of ways to drive a train, maintain a speed, and bring it to a stop. Maybe about a third of these combinations result in the 72 Stock breaking into a bug. For some people, they only use combinations from this group, and so the bug can occur for them every single time they run a train on Bakerloo.

The bug doesn't happen to me (unless I force it), but I would be the first to admit that there is a high chance that I am not driving the train "properly". I might just be lucky (seriously). But there is a bug on BKL that could be fixed in a way that would prevent (I suspect) the OP's issue. It only requires a tweak to the range of values of BP to trigger the compressor switching back on. But then again, the OP might have a different issue - I dunno.

In any event, I am sure that it will all be okay in the end.