Bakerloo Line - Speed Signs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ninjatrek2891, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ninjatrek2891

ninjatrek2891 New Member

Hi everyone,

I just got Underground Bakerloo line. As with all UK lines, i've no difficulty seeing the speed posts on the left side. But underground, they are also on the right side.

Those I can barely see. The door frame blocks my view from it. Anyone got tips to improve this experience?

If the headlights were brighter, it might be possible to see the signs earlier. But that ain't the case.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty annoying and I wonder how they tought that's acceptable this way when they made the route.

The problem is that in real life these signs are a bit reflective, and therefore are visible from a much greater distance - just like road signs. But because in game this effect is not modelled, they are only visible when the brightness of the headlight reach them.

They should really do something about it, but considering utilizing the possibilities of the graphics engine doesn't seem to be their strength, I doubt this will change anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

I have a sneaking feeling that in reality the drivers have memorised the speed limits so the signs aren’t really used by them. It doesn’t take long to develop a muscle memory for this in game.

I know DTG have previously said that the darkness of their representation is accurate for the bakerloo line - maybe they’re right.

• Like Like x 2
  4. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I position the camera to the right side of the cab while in the underground section of the route. That way you can spot speed signs early enough to act accordingly. Not realistic, I know, but it works.