Xbox Banking Comm Not Working On Horseshoe Curve

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by CrazyDash, Jul 13, 2022.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

So I just picked up horseshoe curve. I ended up doing a run between Johnstown and Altoona on service 64E Chicago-Linden. While doing the journey, I noticed that when I was going up the 1% gradient towards Cresson, my train was struggling a lot to maintain speed. I ended up holding at 24mph. I thought it was odd, but I didn’t make a huge deal of it. However, once began going downhill, I knew something was wrong. I set my dynamics to max braking and my train would not slow down. I had no choice but to use the automatic brakes so that I wouldn’t completely lose control of my train. I then tried slowing down to 5mph to see if my train would hold. Typically, the slower a train is going, the more effective the dynamic brakes are. But in this case, nope. I was still gaining speed. This means that it is physically impossible to have a 10k ton train go down the steep grade with just the dynamics. I then went to the rear camera to see if banking comm was working, and I discovered that the locomotives were completely idled. That was when I knew it was Banking COMM that was not working. This badly needs to be fixed, as it makes going downhill way more difficult than it should be.

Edit: I discovered what was wrong. After reading through the forums for a bit, I found out that you need to enable Banking COMM right away before enabling the 3 main control switches. Banking COMM then worked exactly as it should have. Although it’s my fault for not looking at other posts before posting this, the tutorial doesn’t tell you anything about banking comm. I would assume this is a bug still since Banking COMM is just a radio communicating with engineers driving in the helper units. It should work regardless of when you actually enable it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022