Basingstoke - Bournemouth Section Of The South Western Mainline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by beaker998, Jul 30, 2019.

1. beaker998

beaker998 Member

The Proposal:
    The South Western Mainline currently stretches 142 Miles / 230 Km from London Waterloo to Weymouth. This entire route would be incredibly hard to build due to the huge amount of track needed. However, a route from Basingstoke to Bournemouth (including the Lymington branch) would have 4 trains running the entire length of the route with an additional service that terminates in Eastleigh (continuing to Portsmouth) and a tri-hourly service terminating at Southampton (from York). There is also a half-hourly service from Brockenhurst to Lymington Pier.

The Route:
    The route itself consists of 50 miles of track with 22 stations. It is made up of the South Western Mainline and the Lymington Branch Line. It runs through the historical city of Winchester; the port city of Southampton; the beautiful New Forest and the seaside town of Bournemouth. This gives options for incredible scenery along the route.
    Most stations along the route are simply two platform island stations or stations with bridges between platforms. There are also some three platform stations. As well as 4 four platform stations: Basingstoke, Southampton Central, Brockenhurst and Bournemouth.

The Trains:
    The route is operated by both South Western Railway & Cross Country. Cross Country operates one type of train in this area - the class 220 "Voyager". South Western Railway operates two types of train between Basingstoke and Bournemouth - the Class 450 & the Class 444 - as well as the Class 158 "Express Sprinter".

Thank you for reading this thread.

• Like Like x 10
  2. mikekavaney

mikekavaney New Member

I cannot get any locos to run on these scenarios. The brakes will not release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Wut??

That's most likely because the route isn't built yet, hence no trains, hence no brakes...

4. mikekavaney

mikekavaney New Member

How come I have it downloaded?? I'm referring to the Portsmouth Direct Waterloo to Portsmouth and add on to the South western Mainline Southampton to Bournemouth.

I'd look pretty stupid saying that I cannot play something that is not available!!!!!!

5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Your're in the wrong forum, mate. Here is Train Sim World route suggestions, not TS20xx support ;)

6. mikekavaney

mikekavaney New Member

Apologies

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you turned the master key to "on", it's the toggle thing just above the power handle and can only be turned by the mouse in the original DTG 444 from the waterloo to portsmouth route

8. shbrocrafter

shbrocrafter Active Member

This seems like a very interesting route, the scenery between Southampton and Bournemouth is stunning, and there is also the chance for freight with Eastleigh Depot and Southampton Docks :)

• Like Like x 1