Xbox Bay Area Breakdown: I Can't Move!

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

So I just fired up TSW2 on my Xbox and decided to finish the scenarios I haven't completed yet. Upon loading the MP36 scenario "Bay Area Breakdown" I immediately noticed something: I couldn't move! I was stuck in an invisible hole trying to get out, but I couldn't manage to do so. 2 minutes later, thank God I escaped, now I just have to figure out how to get around the invisible maze that only lets you go in one direction. AFAIK, this bug was non-existent in TSW2020, so why is it in TSW2? How did such a major bug that practically anyone would notice within the first 10 seconds of loading this scenario get around the QA team? Why Dovetail Games?:(

Edit: This issue is also present in service mode, not just in the scenarios.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I came across that too. Sprinting did the trick for me, I could "run" over the invisible barrier. But I hope this gets fixed, really annoying that one second into a scenario you just get stuck :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

there are a lot of invisible walls in S.F. station, particularly if you have the MP15DC DLC

4. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

probably caused by the core change. also something that helps me out in general (for example the time I fell out of the world) if you get stuck anywhere you can use CTRL 0 which teleports you back to the train cab.

5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Doesn't work at the very beginning of a scenario though, only would once you have been in the driver seat :)

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Has anyone worked out in detail the trick to beating the invisible wall? Has anyone made a video? I've tried and tried and can't get out of the box.

7. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this exploit cannot be performed in a service since you spawn in the driver's seat.

8. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue in San Francisco station, and initially couldn't find a way out. However, after a few minutes, a train started to arrive at the nearest platform and while trying to move, I was suddenly catapulted into one of the carriages. It was really disorientating for a second, but I was free and could make my way to the cab.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dvarkholm

dvarkholm New Member

This happens exactly as OP says, except, I'm on a PC.
    I let the scenario load and turn 180 and move forward, then turn 180, and side step the 'hole'.
    Most depressing!