Bc Rail For Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LativaBoy, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

With Canadian National making a debut in Train Sim World on the Oakville Subdivision, I see this as a big opportunity and gateway for more Canadian routes in TSW. I can imagine the iconic BC Rail network being in TSW, here are just some ideas for routes I have. I would specifically like these route ideas to be based in the 80s-90s because well we just need a North American route set in the 20th century.
    [​IMG]
    Map of the whole system
    Route Ideas:

Squamish Subdivision (North Vancouver-Lillooet)

This route is probably the most documented subdivision in the system by railfans. Once moving away from urban scenery of North Vancouver, Squamish Sub offers picturesque scenes such as towering mountain peaks, traveling through dense forests, and rides along riverbanks and lakeshores. Squamish Sub connects the rest of the BC Rail system to Vancouver, this serves a huge purpose in transporting freight and even passengers to and from isolated communities across northern British Columbia.
    [​IMG]
    A BC Rail train rides along Seton Lake (photo copyright & courtesy of Ted Prutton)

Tumbler Ridge Subdivision (Prince George-Tumbler Ridge)
    Tumbler Ridge Sub is well known for freight operations (mainly coal) using mainly electric trains powered by an overhead catenary. The main stock for this subdivision was GMD GF6C locomotives which were mostly married paired. This route along with the GF6Cs was an iconic staple of BC Rail, no other railroad in the world had GF6Cs as part of their rolling stock. Sadly in 2000, the Tumbler Ridge Sub was de-electrified and the service of the GF6Cs came to an end. This route I would specifically like to be set in the 80s-90s for obvious reasons.

Rolling Stock
    BC Rail has a wide variety of locomotives from ALCOs to GEs and EMDs, these are just a few locomotives that I feel would be fitting. It is worth noting that all of BC Rail's locomotives used a K5H horn which is considered a signature sound of BC Rail
    [​IMG]
    GE Dash 8-40CM
    [​IMG]
    EMD SD40-2
    [​IMG]
    Budd Rail Diesel Car (for passenger operations)
    [​IMG]
    ALCO M420 (photo copyright & courtesy of Bill Grandin)
    [​IMG]
    GMD GF6C

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

Here are just a few videos to show the experience of both the Squamish and Tumbler Ridge subdivisions