Belfast To Dublin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NornIrishFlyer#3005, Apr 19, 2022.

1. NornIrishFlyer#3005

NornIrishFlyer#3005 New Member

Hi folks,

I would like to suggestion a Belfast to Dublin route add-on which involve the CAF 3000 & 4000 and the Dietrich Enterprise.

There are also other Loco sets available e.g the Class 450 DEMU, GM 8113 Gatwick and an Irish Rail Class 8500 Dart Electric.

The route itself includes Great Victoria Street, Bangor line, Derry/Londonderry Line, Portrush Line and the Larne Line as well as an Irish Rail Line for the Dart at Howth Junction from Dublin. These lines cover all of Northern Ireland and one for Ireland which can also be used for add-ons within the main route, Belfast to Dublin.

There are a vast amount of stations along the way and I do believe scenerios will surely test the skills of rail drivers for this particular island.

I hope this suggestion will be taken into consideration for the near future.

Ryan

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Too long but you can get away with Belfast UK Northern Ireland to Dundalk Republic of Ireland via Newry.
    Requires ROI trains to have UK TPWS AWS DSD Driver's remainder appliance installed.
    Example is this ROI IE 29000 DMU IE 201

3. NornIrishFlyer#3005

NornIrishFlyer#3005 New Member

Oh absolutly, I couldn't agree more, which in-turn would give the folks a challenge, so yes, a Belfast to Dublin, split into 2 at Dundalk then merge like the company Makingtracks-online did all them years ago.

4. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

the class 22000 has all those but he sadly didn’t mention it